4x Card List

Valentino
So here is an idea.

4 is the max number of cards with the same name allowed in a deck.

However not all cards have such a nature that you need 4 of them.

For example I think that a deck should have only 3 Sea Dragons. Why? Because you do not use its ability if there is no spell casted first.

It would be useful to make a list of such cards...for a quicker deck building.

Re: 4x Card List

Quintivarium
I will give general reaction, followed by factions in seperate posts (I won't remember all cards otherwise).

First there is a difference between number of cards I "need" and number I take.  I might take more than I need either to improve chances of drawing them, or to guard against their loss.

Second, I might choose a card for multiple purposes, some very unusual.  I can certainly see choosing sea dragon for its 4 strength independent of its spell draw power.  In fact, I would probably choose 4 sea dragons over 3 sea dragons and an underdark worm just because the worm's 1 extra health does not offset the chance of retrieving another spell.  I might play forest canopy, not for its power, but because it is a zero cost way to keep a dreadmarsh plague of mine out of a particular lane.

Re: 4x Card List

Fire faction

The only card I would never take 4 of is siege cannon.  I could not afford to fire more than two in a single round.

Forest faction

forest canopy -- there is no benefit to having multiple copies in play.

resurgence -- I probably won't want until I start running low on cards and I definitely never want more than 1 in hand.

nobbling warden? -- special power only requires one in play, but I might want multiple replacements.  And at only 2 cost, I could do worse than a 2/2 card with elusive.

Re: 4x Card List

Ocean faction

fluidity-- its use costs me a card.  possibly worth it for a chance of a better hand, but not if that hand is filled with fluidity cards.

tide caller -- just how many enemy minions will I want to move in a single round?

Re: 4x Card List

Underdark faction

deepspawn -- It is hard to grow more than one at a time, without growth there are much better cost 3 cards.

darkling snatcher -- just how many items worth stealing will my opponent have?

underearth elixir -- one in play is usually enough

Re: 4x Card List

Swamp faction

stitched golem -- too easy to exhaust discard pile, cannot discard a stitched golem (or allow one to be destroyed without contaminating the quality of the discard pile for other stitched golems?

blood vapor -- just how much life do you think I can spare?

accursed -- no need for more than two in play.

Re: 4x Card List

Air faction

null wand -- rarely need more than one in play

overworld elixir -- cannot afford to use more than two

spell book -- not usually enough spells for four.

Re: 4x Card List

jungle faction

Only sacrificial blade.  Would never use more than one.