A challenge -- primarily for experienced players

A challenge -- primarily for experienced players

Quintivarium
Inspired by Mark Turner Goblin, who is a true master of making decks work without a lot of rare or expensive cards, I have been creating decks that try to do the same.  It has been such a rewarding experience that I would like to challenge others to try.  Here are a handful of challenges:

1  Create a competitive deck using only common cards.
2  Create a deck with no more than two copies of any single card.
3  Create a deck with no cost 4 or cost 5 cards (I find this extremely hard).
4  Create a deck featuring some card you almost never see played (e.g. power dive or albino cave slugs).

I have found at least four benefits to this exercise.  First, I now have four or five decks appropriate for PVP against players who are newer to the game and just don't yet have the cards to counter eight dragons, four pyrohydras, and a bunch of other powerful creatures.  I don't have to dumb down my play to be fair to such an opponent.

Second, I have found new delight in certain cards I had previously discounted.

Third, I've learned quite a bit about powerpoint utilization and card management by using fewer big cards.

Fourth, I can surprise my usual opponents with some unexpected twists to typical PVP decks.

Re: A challenge -- primarily for experienced players

Valentino
Challenge 1:

4x saberine
4x razorsaur
4x dactyl hatchling
4x ferocity
4x savage spite
4x rampage
4x ambush
4x underdark worm
4x dreamfeeder
4x lost

Re: A challenge -- primarily for experienced players

Valentino
Challenge 2:
2x meteor
2x detonation
2x fire rain
2x flamespike
2x implode
2x pyrohydra
2x ruby dragon
2x ruby hatchling
2x fire wolf
2x lava elementals
2x pyromancers
2x lava bombs
2x dactyl hatchling
2x ferocity
2x giant constrictor
2x jungle dragon
2x ambush
2x stranglevines
2x rampage
2x snake pits

Re: A challenge -- primarily for experienced players

Here is one for challenge 3 ,I used this one in the mini tournament we did.Only six rares in it ,so not too difficult to make.
 Plenty of small fire minions and minion removal with vortexes to lock down big minion decks.

4 magmaspheres
4 ruby hatchlings
4 lava elementals
2 pyromancers