Advice on building/improving decks

BurntMax
This post was updated on .
After playing for more than a month and reading through posts, I have built 2 decent decks that I alternately use based on the 5/3/2 PP by Valentino (as much as I can), and the type and availability of cards which is Fire, Ocean and Forest:

Movers Deck: (Ocean/Forest)

4 Deepsea Thing
4 Sea Dragon
4 Sea Snakes
2 Sirens
2 Liquify
3 Tideshift
3 Lost at Sea
2 Tide Caller
3 Ancient Oak
3 Forest Dragon
4 Grizzlies
4 Wolf Pack
2 Rebirth

Burning World Deck: (Fire/Forest)

3 Pyrohydras
2 Ruby Dragon
4 Lavaworm Ravager
4 Lava Elementals
2 Pyromancers
3 Fire Rain
2 Flamespike
4 Burning World
2 Ancient Oak
3 Forest Dragon
1 Living Essence
2 Nobbling Warden
2 Rebirth
2 Life Force
4 Wild Growth

The card selections are based on what I currently have, and I might have some cards I'm not using that should be included in the decks because I may have overlooked something. I only have 3 Pyrohydras, 2 Ruby Dragons, 3 Ancient Oaks and 3 Forest Dragons. My dilemma, is that I want to make the best decision on which faction I should spend the 1.5k GG that I have left to build a new deck with a new theme while using what cards I already have, and also improve the decks that I'm currently using. I hope that the players here can help me decide by providing options. It's been 3 days that I've been going through the forum to help me decide, but I still cannot make a decision between Underworld, Swamp or Jungle. Sometimes I feel bored by playing the same decks I've built and need to build a new deck with a different theme and card combos.

Thanks!
BurntMax

Re: Advice on building/improving decks

Quintivarium
Here are some suggestions for your current decks.

Movers Deck:  such a deck is far more powerful if you can insure you have empty places (preferably bad places) to move your enemy.  Except for deepwood ash (which you are not even using), forest does not offer much help here.  You might consider shifting your secondary faction to fire (where I assume you also hold a good collection of cards.  Both volcanic eruptions and lavapults, in addition to ruby dragons, can help provide you with available and unpleasant lanes to move opponents into.  And spells like meteor or flame spike can also clear lanes for attacks.  Just be careful not to remove too many minions for other cards, or you will create new problems.  By the way, lavapults are also nasty behind sirens.

Burning World Deck:  My impression is that this is the stronger of your two decks.  It would probably be helped most by a fourth pyrohydra, although this might not be feasible for you.  (I assume you are aware that you can buy the card directly for 200 gold as opposed to waiting for it to appear in a booster pack, although this is not the best long term use of gold.)  You might consider more living essences if you have them.  You might also consider an implode or two to handle enemies like aerovores before they eat up your burning world.  And nobbling tricksters may be better than wardens -- stealing a creature's health makes it vulnerable to your fire effects.  Magma spheres are also very useful with burning world -- they definitely outlast your grizzlies in that environment.

As far as branching into a new faction, any of the three factions you mention are good choices.  Jungle and swamp will probably add more variety to you repertoire than underearth, but they require more investment to be effective.  By the way, you can also create more variety with the factions you already have.  Have you considered combining ocean's weakening cards (like aqualid hunter, shimmersquid, and sink) with forest's buff cards (like wild strength)?  Have you tried a brute force deck with the biggest ocean and fire cards you have?  Have you tried forest as a primary faction?

Incidentally, some players seem to have much more of a knack for creating effective decks quickly than I do; I certainly recommend taking advice from Valentino, Orange, MarkTurnerGoblin, or Confused (if any is forthcoming) over mine.

Re: Advice on building/improving decks

BurntMax
Thanks Quint! Appreciate it very much. About your advice:

Movers: I added the cards you mentioned. It made it faster to build up the Deepsea Things and made me win quicker. Since I don't have Volcanic Eruptions, I used:

4 Deepsea Things
4 Sea Dragons
4 Sea Snakes
2 Sirens
2 Liquify
4 Tideshift
2 Tide Caller
3 Lost at Sea
2 Ruby Dragons
3 Cinderlings
3 Primeval Flame
1 Meteor
3 Flamespike
4 Lavapults

I hope I made good choices with some of the additions. I'm not that familiar yet with the skill of each card, and also not that familiar with combos yet. The combo you mentioned for both Sirens and Lavapults worked like a charm! :) I am having a good time playing this deck. Thank you for letting me know that the essence of this deck is to free up spaces, move enemies to bad places and get stronger while doing it.

Burning World Deck: You are correct that it is the stronger one of the two. I've had better chances of winning using this deck than the Movers deck. I'm not thinking of buying the Pyrohydra since I also feel the same way about not making that much of a difference if I had 4 Pyrohydras, but maybe soon once I have explored other factions and deck types.  As what you have advised, I have made changes on the cards based on what I have, unfortunately, I don't have any more Living Essences which I feel is an important part of this deck. Here is how it is now:

3 Pyrohydras
2 Ruby Dragons
3 Lavaworm Ravager
3 Magmasphere
4 Lava Elementals
2 Fire Rain
2 Flamespike
2 Implode
4 Burning World
2 Ancient Oak
3 Forest Dragon
1 Living Essence
2 Nobbling Trickster
2 Rebirth
2 Life Force
3 Wild Growth

I see that the Nobbling Trickster does a hell of a job, and Implode took care of the minions with high health that just entered the play. I just don't draw them often since I don't have enough, which makes me feel like I am playing my old deck all over again. Now, my goal is to improve this deck by getting more tricksters and living essences. Thank you!

Branching out to a new faction: I finally made a decision and went with the Jungle faction. After I read your post back in April, it made me want to build a Jungle/Ocean deck. But I don't have any Aquamancers at all. Maybe that's what I should try to get first and buy them 1 at a time, no?

I tried the weakening cards from ocean and forest's buff cards, but it was really slow and I usually end up in a dead lock. I included Sea Dragons, Giant Voltas, Barkskin, Forest Dragons and Aquallid Mages along with what you mentioned. I'm sure I missed out some combos again, or any cards that I should use in place of the others...

I have also tried using a Brute Force Deck for Fire/Ocean. It was fun for a short while but I decided to focus on building the Movers and Burning World decks since it has more variety of combos. I also tried using Forest as my main faction, but I do not have Deepwood Ashes yet, so it's not really that good when I play it.

Thank you so much for your help, Quint! I'm looking forward for the others' advise as well if they'll have a chance to respond to this post.

BurntMax

Re: Advice on building/improving decks

Valentino
Movers:
4 Deepsea Things
4 Sea Dragons -> you can use 3 because you need to play a spell first
4 Sea Snakes
2 Sirens -> Increase
2 Liquify -> Remove - Use a limited number of spell types
4 Tideshift
2 Tide Caller
3 Lost at Sea
2 Ruby Dragons
3 Cinderlings
3 Primeval Flame -> Remove
1 Meteor
3 Flamespike
4 Lavapults
add:
triton aquamancer (must have)
razor shark (4PP but effective, optional)
triton hunters (in combo with lost at sea)
aquallid mages (in combo with aquamancer)

If you play lost at sea you must have 2 PP cards to play in the same turn.

Burning World Deck:
3 Pyrohydras -> increase
2 Ruby Dragons -> not good in this deck
3 Lavaworm Ravager
3 Magmasphere
4 Lava Elementals -> not good in this deck
2 Fire Rain
2 Flamespike
2 Implode
4 Burning World
2 Ancient Oak
3 Forest Dragon
1 Living Essence -> absolutely increase
2 Nobbling Trickster -> only in combo with hunt
2 Rebirth -> increase
2 Life Force
3 Wild Growth -> not necessary in this deck

you can also try moltem golem in combo with living essence
try also burning blood