Blood orb

Hellspawn_destroyer
now IV tried to make a blood orb deck and Iv come up with 2 ideas

Deck 1-
 aeromages x4
Lightning golem x 4
Storm fiend x4
Silver hawk x4
Cloud fey x4 arcane thief x4
Brainsorom x2
Powerdive ( just incase I need a little more damage ) x 2
Betrayal x1
Accursed x3 doomsong x3
Blood orb x4
Captured soul x3

Deck 2 - nicknamed "little doctor"
Darkling assassin x2
Kobo summoner x4
Kobo miners x4
Kobo tunnelrunners x4
Taken under x2
Lost x3
Cave in x4
psychic vortex x2
Necromages x2
Body swap x2
betrayal x1
Cloud of bats x4
Doom song X1
Blood orb x3
Waiting grave x2

Any ideas on these are welcome

Re: Blood orb

Quintivarium
Your first deck contains 42 cards.  For testing purposes I have left off one doom song and one accursed; please update if you would want a different version tested.  (I don't think 2 cards will make a huge difference.)

I will wait on feedback until I actually play the decks.  I have been running one version or another of a blood orb deck for months, but they have been quite different from yours in spirit.  I also considered using blood orb instead of powerdive in my blitz deck, but decided against it because I didn't really want the swamp faction.  I'm anxious to see how it works.

Re: Blood orb

Hellspawn_destroyer
Iv taken out 2 doomsongs

Re: Blood orb

Quintivarium
Let me comment on your second deck, I 'll respond to the first later -- I may not have time to try it until later.

In general, I think the second deck is very competitive, but I think it can be improved (although some features may be more a matter of taste than of quality.

First, I would definitely go with 4 blood orbs.  Having four blood orbs in play almost forces your opponent to remain above 8 life or to be in grave danger.  The fourth orb is also a protection against cards like melt, absorb, and smash that destroy orbs, and slightly decreases the urgency of dealing with tentacles  from below or nobbling elder.  Expect 50 to 90% of the damage from decks of this ilk to come from the blood orbs.

Second, I am not enamored with the waiting grave or the psychic vortex cards.  Especially with kobo summoners, the waiting grave is a mixed blessing.  It is expensive, and if your opponent chooses actions other than playing minions, it comes back to inhibit you.  Since blood orb decks are all about playing a lot of minions quickly (the more to sacrifice), you don't really want the delays caused by waiting grave.  Although psychic vortex does prevent opponents from playing cost five cards, it also prevents you from desirable combos like blood orb/ bat swarm and tunnel runner/bodyswap.  And with cards like lost and taken under, you want your opponent playing expensive minions.

Third, I frequently found myself wanting more minions.  There were some games where I drew no minions at all until the third turn.  There were other games when I has two blood orbs, my opponent 4 health, but it took 2 or 3 turns to get the two minions played that I needed to win the game.

In case you are curious, my blood orb deck is as follows: 4 of each kobo summoner, darkling schemer kobo miner, kobo tunnelrunner, ominous eggs, darkling slaver, undead triton, bodyswap, cloud of bats, blood orb.  I don't mean to suggest my deck is better, I just present it so you can get a feel for how I play this kind of deck.

Re: Blood orb

I found deck 1 to be rather non-competitive.  The biggest problem is its power point utilization.  With 20 cost three cards and only 4 cost two cards (there are also 6 cost one and 10 cost zero), I was frequently able to only play one cost three card a turn -- the deck was unable to provide blitz speed and was too weak to stand any sort of war of attrition.  Actually playing blood orbs proved problematic because I was rarely able to pair anything of value with them.  Accursed felt the same way -- unless I played it on an initial 3 power turn, I could never afford the time to play it.  In addition, there are too few items in the deck to improve the silver hawks until too late in the game.  They are not bad even so, but I definitely miss the punch of an extra damage.

I find an effective blitz deck needs to be able to play enough quick minions to total between 3 and 4 combined strength every turn.  Because of the power point utilization issues, this deck falls far short of that goal.

I think the idea behind this deck is worthwhile, and potentially powerful if it can be tweaked appropriately.  But that might be very difficult.  The very problem you have here (too few useful two power cost cards) is exactly the biggest problem I encountered with every blitz deck I tried except for one that used jungle faction with air.  I think the most promising approach to this deck would be to include considerably more power generating cards (ideally items for the hawks) so you can play two 3 cost cards in tandem.  I tried this (replacing the accursed and doomsong with storm core) and suddenly the deck became interesting -- although it still needs testing.

Re: Blood orb

Hellspawn_destroyer
If i were to make a blitz deck it would Be forest/air

Re: Blood orb

Quintivarium
Don't you already have a good all air blitz deck?

Re: Blood orb

.Confused.
Hi guys,

If I may join, here's my Sacrifice deck, which looks more like what your second deck is:

2 Darkling Assassin
2 Phantasma
4 Kobo Summoner
4 Kobo Miners
4 Kobo Tunnelrunners
2 Delusion
2 Telepathic Link (not sure it should stay there, bah)
4 Safehole
4 Psychic Vortex
2 Undead Giant
2 Gorger
4 Cloud of Bats
4 Blood Orb (of course)

As Quint said, 1 Vortex can reduce your combos opportunities, but what's really fun is that 2 Vortex can seriously hinder your opponent while you are almost unaffected.

The Safeholes are primordial for when your opponent has gathered speed also and you want to sacrifice all your minions, leaving none to block, to get to victory asap.

My idea is that I am ready to sacrifice everything to Blood Orb and to blocking, as necessary.

Hope it helps,

.C.

Re: Blood orb

Hellspawn_destroyer