Bodyswap

Art
I just realize now bodyswap doesn't work on spell immune creatures.  I thought I read somewhere b4 it says its just involve the caster sided creature swapping, so it works on immune creatures as well.  Have we changed that? nobody updated anything.

If it changes, it should still copy the opposite side spell immune creature.  Just like living bomb, the creature still blow up.

Then, again, what about evolve it copies spell immune as well.

Re: Bodyswap

Quintavarium
This post was updated on .
I believe body swap (swamp) was changed in the last update.  Living bomb (fire) never affected magic immune creatures opposite the target.  Evolve (forest) does not affect the creature opposite the target, so it can be used if the opposing creature has magic immunity; and it does, i think, copy all features including immunities. However, creatures like shadow dragons (underworld) specifically state that only features described in text are copied -- thus immunities (and features like evasive an quick) are not copied.

Re: Bodyswap

Mack the Knife
body swap (swamp)
Living bomb (fire)
Evolve (forest)
shadow dragons (underworld)
  thanks Quint, much appreciated!

Re: Bodyswap

Yes, that is right.

Evolve affects one of your creatures, not the enemy, so it doesn't care if an enemy is Spell Immune or not.

(Of course, that means you cannot Evolve one of your own that has immunity)

Living Bomb does something to the enemy, which means any with Spell Immune won't get hurt.

Bodyswap wasn't consistent before the update. It is now.

As for Shadow Dragon or any others that copy stuff, there are intentional and subtle differences, as you hint at.  Some future cards will also copy cards or parts of cards.