Card Idiosyncrasies

12345

Re: Card Idiosyncrasies

Molotch
Thanks for your advices.
The AI was playing Forest/Underworld. I destroyed the OE with a Flamespider. It sounds like I may have been incorrect with whether I lost any life at all?, sorry if that's the case.
However, I had wondered whether to mention the situation with the Discarde Pile. I thought that maybe it was all considered "part of the game" that those cards could not be assessed. I was pleased to note that other players would like to see a feature that allowed you to check it.
Finally, if a minion was destroyed by my Lost at Sea card I would still be interested in why it did not then appear on the top of the Discard.

Re: Card Idiosyncrasies

SteveGoblin
Yes, a discard pile viewer has been on our to-do list for a long time.
It's a pretty necessary thing for some cards, unless you have a very good memory.

Re: Card Idiosyncrasies

I don't think anything in forest or underearth can cause damage in that situation; as you indicated, you were probably mistaken abiut the damage.

I also cannot think of any reason a minion would not go into the discard pile -- I strongly suspect it did, but that the egg landed on top of it.  This is consistent with spells like cull and living bomb landing on top of the minion they destroy -- even though the spell would have to trigger first.  The latter I know occurs.

Re: Card Idiosyncrasies

You're quite right Quintino (couldn't resist ;)) and that's expected - the egg triggers, causes other cards to move to the DP, then it finally moves to the DP.
Same for spells and probably traps.

Btw you'll need to use your memory (and consider it part of the game as it always has been) to track the DP contents as we're unlikely to add a viewer any time soon - if indeed we ever do - because we have too many new cards and other juicy goodies to add ;)

Re: Card Idiosyncrasies

Molotch
It's all good then, thanks for the info'.

Re: Card Idiosyncrasies

Quintivarium
Just a brief note on triggering of multiple traps:
1.  As has been observed, all traps affecting minions trigger simultaneously (with the possible exception of snake pit) when the first minion is played.  This makes sense as it allows cumulative effects of traps like cinderbox (fire) when a minion is played.  But it does prevent two lost at sea (ocean) in play from applying to two different enemy minions.
2.  As has been previously observed, when multiple spell cancelling (stealing) spells are in play only one triggers (the leftmost positioned one), leaving others in place to affect future traps.  This also makes sense -- spells are either cancelled or not.  However, multiple copies of backfire (jungle) do trigger -- appropriate if inconsistent.
3.  Multiple copies of smash (jungle) with all trigger when the first battier is played.  This is consistent with minion affecting traps -- and makes sense as it is conceivable to have future traps that affect barriers incrementally for which one would want simultaneous trigger.
4.  Multiple copies of essence jar (jungle) also trigger simultaneously.  This is inconsistent with spell affecting traps and does not make sense to me.  I, at least, believe that if spell taps trigger separately, aura traps should as well.

12345