Choosing the deck in a PVP

Valentino
in the current set up first we choose the deck and then we look for an opponent.

I would like the game to be like this:

I look for the opponent. Random player choice. 1st player chooses his deck. 2nd player reads 1st player deck name and decided which deck to play.

Each deck must have an unique name.

Re: Choosing the deck in a PVP

markturnergoblin
I am not too sure if thats possible in Gamecentre.But Also I think I would be tempted to call my best killer deck  " harmless fairies and cute animals friends".  I wonder if people would be willing to sum up their deck in a title knowing that their opponent will pick one to counter it based on its name, especially if its a tournament.
  An idea I am thinking about is Starter deck battles if its possible. So you can join for this type of game and you will play with a random generated starter deck and maybe a booster too. Possibly you can alter your deck first with those limited cards before you play. Just an idea.

Re: Choosing the deck in a PVP

SteveGoblin
...not to mention deck names in foreign languages: 私のピンク熊.

('My pink bears', in case you were wondering...)

Re: Choosing the deck in a PVP

--cwc88--
I love that idea, Mark.  Or even instead of being provided a started deck, each player chooses two 40-card boosters (or one 40-card and two 10-card, or some other combination) to "open" and build a deck from.

I would be interested in this either as a format which is free and players do not keep the cards used, or as a format which costs some amount of gold to play (close to the normal cost of the boosters involved) and players keep the cards used.  Even more interesting would be the latter with the additional clause that the winner of the match (I'd suggest best of 3 games) gets one random rare card that his or her opponent "opened".

Re: Choosing the deck in a PVP

markturnergoblin
I was thinking free and maybe with 40-60 cards. It can store the last deck you make until you want get rid of it and have another perhaps, to save you keep making them every match.
 The only problem with betting with cards is if people disconnect and then loose their favorite card .

Re: Choosing the deck in a PVP

--cwc88--
The wagering of a card idea was conditional on the format being one that allows players to retain the cards used in the match after it is over as permanent additions to their collection (hence the cost to enter and the ability to choose which colors to "open" and use).  And my thinking is that since the card being wagered is newly acquired and immediately used in the match, there's not much time to get too "attached" to it.  Most importantly, by virtue of it being newly acquired, losing it will not affect any of the players "normal" decks (those that exist outside of this hypothetical format).

Just an idea to make things more exciting.  But as I said, I'd enjoy this format in any of the forms discussed.

Re: Choosing the deck in a PVP

Choosing the deck after matching opponent does sound appealing especially as players become experienced with other players.

Perhaps all that would be visible is the "primary colour" of the opponent deck.

A note: every idea discussed here so far is feasible for implementation - we would need to decide what is most desirable :)

In terms of a basic change I would imagine the game starting like this:

- You tap 2-player as usual and find an opponent.
- The game starts and there is an empty board in the background (faded) and in the centre of your side your last active deck is shown (i.e. the colour as it appears in the Deck Selection screen), and the other side shows the selected deck of the opponent. To the right of each deck is a "Ready" button, which once pressed cannot be altered.
- Tapping the deck allows you to choose another deck from your collection, and even to view and modify them (this should perhaps be "view only").
- When both players have tapped Ready, the game then commences as it does now.