Customer service experience (see edit***)

Customer service experience (see edit***)

Srvannor
This post was updated on .
Tried to sync devices per instructions, lost all my cards on both iPad and iPhone.  After spending probably over $100 on gold, months of deck creations, filling out rares, reaching level 95 and a 1660 pvp rank, 7-8 pages worth of extra decks I now had 195 gold and a starter deck. The goblin crew do not keep a server, all info is backed up on Game Center, so if you lose your cards they're gone.

I wrote on the forum asking for help and exchanged multiple emails with mike. I was given 20k gold after several days. I purchased singles again, starting with fire and quickly ran out of gold, getting about 3/4 of the way through forest. He made the suggestion that I buy packs instead (makes sense). I then received 12k gold. That was quickly spent on whole boosters, still not filling out many rares (though I had tons of commons). I ran out of the compensated gold again and was told just to wait on an update and they'd be able to help with getting me back on my feet again.

I haven't seen any updates since I started playing and currently android is getting the attention over iOS.  I made the decision to purchase my own gold at this point and fill out all the cards I was missing.

I still have to remake all my decks, play to open up the locked cards, then repurchase the locked ones.  Since losing my cards I spent another $80-$100 in addition to the small gold compensation. I'll spend more to buy back my missing pages.  It's a lot to spend on an app, I know, but I love this game. What I don't love is how a high-paying and long-time fan is compensated after a total loss.

I've known since the start that this is a part-time endeavor by the creators and "just wait" and "soon" are tossed around frequently on the forums when describing updates and expansions.  But if you don't treat your biggest fans well, this game is going to fail and I so very badly don't want that for you.  This game honestly reminds me of mtg in its infancy, and wotc made a killing as it became popular in the 90s.  You have that potential, we love the game, but the service aspect leaves much to be desired.

**edit - they're working hard to make things right! Thank you goblins!**

-Scott

Re: Customer service experience (not great)

Hi Scott,

I think there has been some confusion here. You told me as well that you didn't receive many of my emails, and you didn't receive some of the gold sent either.

As I said I am happy to send you gold, and actually 32,000 is usually enough to restore all cards - I often ask players how much is appropriate and they tell me, and I happily send them the amount they ask for (and it has always been less than 32,000 so far).

So I'm very happy that you've purchased gold (thanks!) but not happy that you've had a poor support experience - I am often told that our support is excellent, so I can only apologise in this case.

Note that the suggestion for the update was for the deck pages only, because then I will be able to add them for you directly - at the moment I all I can give you is gold.

I'll send you more gold now  - glad you like the game, thanks for the comparison with mtg too!

Re: Customer service experience (not great)

Scott, I am still curious how you managed to lose everything? You mentioned you installed it in another post.
Sometimes when I uninstall other games I see an option "Delete all data". I wonder if you came across something like that?

Steve

Re: Customer service experience (not great)

Srvannor
I simply downloaded it onto my iPhone from the App Store.  Noticed that the game was bare on the phone, looked up how to sync, went to the iPad and started connecting cloud on both devices. Still nothing on the phone so I held down the app, clicked the X, and deleted the app.  When I went back to the iPad to play, it was gone there too. Tried messing around with the cloud some more but nothing helped. Eventually as a last resort I tried to install everything from a backup but that did nothing.

Mike emailed me again, said he was sending me gold.  I only receive it when I have the iPad screen unlocked and the game is off and I click immediately on the notification.  I'll have to coordinate it with him so we're both able to do it at the same time.

That's all I know :/  I've tried to be as transparent as possible about all the issues since the start of this mess.

It's frustrating, losing all my decks.  It took a long time to build up from bad to mediocre lol.