Deck Database

Valentino
As you have seen in my previous message (rate my quickest deck) I have shared one of my best deck and one of my favourite opponents volunteered to review it.

I think the community is now skilled enough to submit deck ideas to be publically shared.

It would be nice we could add a section like that. The only thing I would like to see is that when you play a deck copied or adapted from a deck proposed the app names the publisher of the deck and its original name.

This would a strong push for new players to learn main strategies quickly. i.e. more competition. This would on the long run be a motivator to keep player playing.

Re: Deck Database

Quintivarium
I like this idea.  It allows players who might not play a much on line to contribute to the community, it shares ideas that keep the game fresh, and it credits good deck ideas to their originator.

Re: Deck Database

Sounds good, except I don't think we need to automate attribution - simply post decks to this forum thread for example, people then have a chance of finding them.

Also it is very difficult to keep track of who counts as the original "author" of any given deck or combination - many players are likely to arrive at the same combos independently in any case.

A nice way to give attribution is to name the decks that are commonly used and attributed to players, e.g. "The Valentino Fast Deck" or "The Quintivarium Heavy Deck" etc. That makes conversations about used decks more practical too, e.g. "So I beat The Cat the other day using the BullDog Air deck with the Valentino variant".

Re: Deck Database

Valentino
Mike,

you are wrong. It was the Valentino Air deck with the Bulldog variant, not viceversa ;)

Re: Deck Database

Oh yes! Quite right, I always get those two mixed up :)