Deck Restrictions - 4 card limit

Chris
I started playing recently and have read through the Detailed Rulebook as well. I've started trying to put a deck together on my own and have run into a problem.

I have a water/underworld deck and when I attempted to place a 3rd Bone Dragon into my deck, it said I had 0 of those cards remaining. I can clearly see if I go another deck that I have 2 still available to use.

Underworld is my sub group and I understand I can only have 16, so this was no the issue but I should be able to have up to 4 of these, correct?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Deck Restrictions - 4 card limit

markturnergoblin
You can put the cards you own in any amount of decks. So you can have 12 decks for example with 2 bone dragons in each deck ,even though you only own 2 bone dragons.

Re: Deck Restrictions - 4 card limit

Chris,

I think you have made the same faulty assumption I made when first starting.  Think of the cards owned as a pool of cards available for every deck you design.  Using a card in one deck does not make it unavailable for another, unlike a physical set of cards.

In a physical set of cards, if I own one zombie mob and I place it in deck A, I cannot place it in deck B without dismantling deck A.  In Spellcraft's electronic decks, I can place 1 zombie mob in every deck I build -- even if I only have one copy.  (Think of decks as blueprints for how the computer is to create a set of cards from your entire pool of resources every time you play a game.)

From your description, I think you only actually own two copies of bone dragon.

Re: Deck Restrictions - 4 card limit

Chris
Oh dear goodness, this makes complete sense now that I'm reviewing my available cards in each deck.
Thank you both! That probably would've taken my forever to figure out.

Re: Deck Restrictions - 4 card limit

SteveGoblin
Chris, I did the very same thing when I played an online CCG years and years ago. I was so used to physical cards that for some reason it confused me to think of 'a' card being in 5 decks at once!