Extra drawings

Valentino
Have you ever noticed that there is usually a phase in the game in which you play no cards and draw two extra cards instead?

It usually happens after I play a major minion which puts the path on stall.

Does it happen only to me?

Re: Extra drawings

Quintivarium
I very rarely draw two cards in one round, and if I do, it is a sign I'm in trouble.  Usually if things are stalled to the point I choose to play nothing, things are stalled to the point that my hand will refill naturally without needing to drain my deck for probable discards.

Re: Extra drawings

Valentino
Might it be because you only play control decks and are not quick enough?

Re: Extra drawings

Quintivarium
It's true I don't really like "quick" strategies, but I think that would make it less likely I draw two cards.  With quick decks, you really can't afford to lose time.

To me, the main reason for drawing twice in the same round is needing cards one doesn't hold: either because one's hand holds the wrong cards or too few cards -- and that's a sing of being in trouble.  Replenishing a deck can be important, but I usually do it in conjunction with a play or with using a card special power.  I guess I may draw twice if I only use a 1 power card or effect.  You may be less likely than I to take cards like deep spawn, tide caller, fey wand, cheap traps, overworld elixir, strangle vines, wild strength, wild growth, null wand, astral armour, etc. that have value even when used during stall situations.  Of course, I guess these cards tend to be control deck type cards, aren't they?

Re: Extra drawings

Valentino
I would argue with your statement. Having 0 cards in hand is a typical of a quick deck which was stalled against a control deck in my opinion.

about the cards you mentioned I think that the following ones could be used in quick decks:

tide caller
overworld elixir (only at middle stage)
wild strength
wild growth

They can be used obviously on a control deck, depending on the situation