Faction Teams

(Moved a discussion here as it deserved its own thread)

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
Reading this brought to mind the idea of whether faction teams could possibly work in Spellcraft. Any mileage in that do you think, or too hard to balance?

Re: Spellcraft fiction

SteveGoblin
Not entirely sure what you mean.  Do you mean more than 2 factions in a single deck?

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
Teams of people playing specific factions against other specific factions then pooling the wins/loses to see whose faction has won overall.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Valentino
It sounds like a monofaction deck tournment!

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
If that's what it is, then that's what it is.
It came to mind because I could see the idea of factions banding together in Steves piece of fiction and it might be possible to reenact (or even move the story on!?) by using real results from those battles.
As I say, mileage?

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Valentino
I already proposed an interactive map in the main screen of the software as result of the battles...so all players can visualize how the factions are performing.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
I presume that the main problem (only problem?) with this format would be the issue of how strong certain factions may be if they consist of too many top players. Which is what I meant by balance.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Quintivarium
For me, unless I misunderstand you, the problem is that I like to play lots of factions -- I would not like to feel channeled into one in particular.  Even if I could freely switch factions, I would feel I was betraying one

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
Sorry Quint, I've only just noticed that you replied to my post.
If you like to play lots of Factions are you not already a Faction Prostitute?:)
I would not see it being an issue if some people wanted to play games for both sides if they felt like it.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Valentino
if you like to play several factions then you are a "Divergent" :-)

Re: Spellcraft fiction

The difficult part is rallying all of the players and getting all the matches organised - if you can do that then I'd think this would be fun. Maybe every player should play each faction to balance it out. (I know that's not what you were originally thinking of Molotch, but this works too?).

So the faction itself forms the team, the players all just take turns working for each faction.

Perhaps even with four players it's enough, if you each play every faction and every player it's a lot of games. Valentino, maybe you'd do a spreadsheet for it and track scores?

It would be interesting to see how the factions do too :)

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Quintivarium
I would be in on this one.