Fun matches

Art
Anyone wants to think of some fun ways to play our matches?

We can try only 1 copy of each card can be used in a deck?

Or give out half of your deck's cards to your opponent and play with your opponent, winner declares half of the deck's cards and stays as king.  The king has to stay using the same deck and accept challenges.

Anyone can think of some others or help organize?

Re: Fun matches

SteveGoblin
Some suggestions:

Decks made using only 1 faction

All cards must cost a maximum of 3 (or 2,or even 1)

All cards must be of common rarity (or all rare)

No minions/barriers

Only minions/barriers

Decks that must include a core fixed list of 20, 30, or even 40 cards

Only allowed to play 1 card per turn

Any of the above in combination.

Re: Fun matches

How about both players picking one faction each . For example, one picks air and the other forest. You can both make decks to defeat each other. May see some unused cards coming into play like forest canopy in that case.

Re: Fun matches

Valentino
players using same deck

Re: Fun matches

Quintivarium
Another interesting option would be to have players create their opponent's deck.  There would have to be some rules like at least 20 minions to guarantee each player can harm the other.  That would guarantee seeing unusual cards as players would scramble to find the "most useless" cards available.  It would force "out of the box" thinking.