Future Factions

SteveGoblin
As I have been asked many times....

Next:

Jungle — focus on traps

Then, in no particular order:

Ice — focus on auras
Desert — focus on items
Mountain — focus on barriers

After that are two more, but keeping those under wraps for now.

Re: Future Factions

Mack the Knife
can't wait...will these be "new" traps?  traps we haven't seen before?

also, mark posted some Jungle faction card art in another thread.  -

Re: Future Factions

SteveGoblin
Jungle has several trap cards, all different from what has gone before.

Snake Pit : damages unblocked attacker
Essence Jar : counters and steals an aura
Predator : plays a minion from your deck, in response to opponent putting a minion on trap's path
Poison Darts : inflict a timer on their victim
Smash :  counters any item or barrier played.

Quite a few other cards interact with traps too, such as drawing them or bring them back.

Re: Future Factions

Mack the Knife
thanks!   will the faction also have their share of "strong" minions or will it mostly rely on deception?  also, we talking Christmas or sooner?

Re: Future Factions

markturnergoblin
They wil have the biggest minion yet. Ravager , but he is dangerous to use and may eat your other forces.
We are aiming for before christmas ,we will let you know soon I hope. Here's some more jungle minions.

Re: Future Factions

Mack the Knife
cool, thanks mark.  can't wait...now, back to the game to amass enough gold by then!

Re: Future Factions

Lechatcurieux
Artwork and colour scheme of Jungle cards....awesome!

Re: Future Factions

markturnergoblin
A few more jungle ones.

Re: Future Factions

Mack the Knife
lookin' good mark, thanks!

Steve wrote "Jungle — focus on traps"  and now we see our first trap.  that "battering ram" must be Smash

Re: Future Factions

markturnergoblin
Yes , this one is Smash. It's simular to Lost at sea except it affects  items or walls only.

Re: Future Factions

Mack the Knife
and despite Steve saying the faction's focus is on traps i am glad to see some hefty minions are included.  others may disagree, but i've found that although you can finesse, deceive, trick, etc with spells, items, traps, and auras, i usually win with the big guys up front.

Re: Future Factions

markturnergoblin
A look at the jungle regions and some of their traps.

Re: Future Factions

Paropues
Oh great me want some dinosaurs!, Also the art rules. So much.
So You Have the Other factions already planned?, nice!
By the way what is the deal with the mushroom area next to the swamp?, I alwayss find myself mesmerized by it, I.just Have a hunch that It will be sooo cool!.
Also I suppose the área next to the forest is somekind of human faction?, I think I can see a city or a castle in there...

Re: Future Factions

markturnergoblin
We do have the other factions planned. The city faction will have humans ,but also the other factions wander in and live there too. The  Dreamspore faction which will have some very strange creatures living amoungst the giant towering mushrooms.I am looking foward to drawing these ones.

Re: Future Factions

markturnergoblin
Heres some jungle ones I did today. Angry hornets  1/1 ,but get +1 attack at the start of your go. Mantid, A larger sized minion that pounces on anything that is placed or moves into his path and deals 1 damage to it.

Re: Future Factions

markturnergoblin
a couple more jungle ones.Lost spellstone ,an item that is sacrifised and you get a random spell from the entire spellcraft spell list. Gargantula ,a large spider with the ability to destroy minions in the players hand.

Re: Future Factions

Art
Lost spellstone would be fun.