GC calling you names

.Confused.
I'm confused,

Game Centre was calling other players by their game name. I.e. I was .Confused.

Now, it calls people by their real name (i.e. I'm now Philippe, for you, i think. For me you're Brian, Jean-Guy and Adolphine) in the invites, but Spellcraft calls people by their game name.

That gets .Confused. quite confused, as i used to know people that i really still know, but can't recognize because they don't have the names i know, but the names they really have. This is even worse when people don't have pictured circles next to their one-name-or-the-other, there is no memory bridge at all!

GC is calling you names. What can I do about it? I'm mustering my footmen.

.C.

Re: GC calling you names

SteveGoblin
I am not entirely sure but here goes...

The real names will be displayed if they are on your Game Center friends list, and they have Public Profile switched on.

To hide your real name in that case:

(1) Tap Settings
(2) Choose Game Center
(3) Tap Game Center Profile
(4) Go through the log in process if necessary
(5) You should see a slider called Public Profile

Does that help ?

Re: GC calling you names

.Confused.
Discussing this over a holiday Beer, I was pointed to this article:
http://appleinsider.com/articles/10/11/30/apple_amends_ios_game_center_to_use_real_names_in_invites

So... Confused is bound to remain confused, says the iApple.

.C.

Happy holidays, btw!