Game Strategy Definitions

Valentino
I noticed we are creating some terms about gaming which are not in the standard definitions of the rulebooks.

It would be wise to create a section to officialize it so all players know what we are talking about when we contribute in forums.

Re: Game Strategy Definitions

Quintivarium
Channelling: an effect that moves a card from one location to another (which usually makes the moved card more accessable.)  E.g. an aeromancer's ability to draw a spell is a channelling ability.  Rise again is also a channelling card (moving minions from discard pile to your hand.  Valentino can confirm or deny this, but I think grave robbers (and giant gargantuans) would use channelling as well by moving cards from enemy sources to your discard pile.  Cards like albino cave slugs (which move cards from an enemy deck to an enemy discard pile) would NOT be channelling cards as they do not make cards more accessible for you.  A channeller for a particular card is something that makes that card available: a kobo miner is a channeller for any item.

Funnelling: using another card to restrict the possible movemments of a randomly moving card.  Playing a zombie mob in front of a living maze to prevent a wraith soul hunter from moving there is a form of funnelling.  So is playing blood orb in a lane where you do not want your dreadmarsh plague to move.

Card advantage: a play that helps you gain more usable cards than your opponent is a play with card advantage.  We also use terms card disadvantage and card neutral.  Playing sunken treasure grants card advantage because you play one card to draw three to your hand (although this is somewhat off-set by the fact that you could have drawn one card anyway for the powerpoints spent).  Playing fire rain to destroy three enemy aeromancers also has card advantage -- you spend one card and cost your opponent 3.  Playing a Ruby dragon on an open lane is card neutral.  The dragon is obviously more useful than in hand, but you neither gain nor lose a card.  Playing astral armour on a ruby dragon is card disadvantageous as you lose a card and your opponent does not.  This does not mean it is a bad play!

Power point advantage -- as with card advantage except involving net power point gain.

control deck, quick deck, combo deck, power deck, etc.  I'll ask Valentino to define these as I think I use the terms less often and not in the same way.

I also want to use these terms:
turn: one player's set of moves.
round: one set of moves for each player.
Thus, timers decrement every turn; magmasphere's lose one health every round.

Re: Game Strategy Definitions

Valentino
Quick deck: a strategy which plans to defeat the opponent before the opponent does the same or plays more powerful cards which give him control of the game. If both players play this same strategy then the quicker wins.

Control deck: a strategy which plans to play powerful cards to gain control of the game before the opponent does the same or wins by being quick. If both players play this same strategy with the same control rate then the game goes on stall.

Stall: a situation in which both players are not able to cause damages to the opponent despite drawing more cards.

Card deck: a strategy which plans to put the game on stall to make the opponent draw all cards to win by using specific cards for extra draws.

Re: Game Strategy Definitions

Valentino
Power deck: a strategy which plans to use cards to have extra power