Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

Jambo(75)
Hi all,

This game is a little gem! Kudos to the developers for designing it. I'm really enjoying the gameplay and have just popped my first £2.99 in to support them, however, it's a shame there's little to no one ever available to play online.

One thing that could help this is async multiplayer and I'm curious if the developers have ever considered this as an option?

Gamecenter ID: Jambo(75)

Re: Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

D3v222
To my knowledge, most people don't play quick game.... Check out the "looking for a match?" thread and add some of those people. You'll end up with many more matches, with a lot of nice people. A few of them have helped greatly improve my deck!

Feel free to add me as well.
GC: d3v222

Re: Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

Yes, just hoping to connect to a player via Game Center isn't the best at the moment. When the player base eventually builds, it might be ok.
However, we hope to introduce a sort of common chat room, so at least you can see who is about. I know some other players use Glassboard at the moment. And they have added each other as Game Center friends.

So, we are on the case!

And thanks for your support and kind comments

Steve @ ThreeGoblins

Re: Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

Jambo(75)
Yeah, a common chat area with the possibility to invite people to play from there would definitely work!

In the meantime I'll post my Gamecenter ID in the other thread and hopefully this will help getting some online matches going.

Re: Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

.Confused.
Hi Jamie,

Please verify that you do accept game invites in gamecentre. It shows you playing right now, but all my invites fail. Also, look in the tournament thread to find the glassboard app code, so you can do that "shout out" to all of us that use the glassboard as well.

I am far from most tech-savvy player around, so I'll send invites until it works :)
Cheers,

Re: Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

Jambo(75)
Hmm strange, I do have invites enabled as I get invites from other games all the time. I just tried inviting you and it timed out.

I did get the Glassboard app, so I'll try this this evening and see who's about.

Re: Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

Jambo(75)
Curious as to whether the developers have ever played Spectromancer and seen how they do the online game, with server, rankings and matchmaking?  Spec is a limited lane-based card game which is also very good.

There seems to be enough people commenting on Spellcraft in the various forums and giving ratings to suggest there is potential for a good online community. However, after people wait their first 2-5 minutes to find an online game and failing, I'm guessing they probably won't try again and instead go elsewhere.   It's one of the troubles with relying on Game Center's rather impersonal matchmaking.

I know I originally deleted Spellcraft after many failed online attempts. However, I'm now very glad I've decided to put in the time to fully explore it. The offline campaign is excellent!

Re: Great game - Pity it's so hard to find a MP opponent

SteveGoblin
I tried Spectromancer a few times. Personally, I found it ok but a bit of a "meat-grind" with opposing forces just inevitably wearing each other down. A little simplistic for my tastes.

The trick for multiplayer is to have your own server and not rely on Game Center. We are constantly at the mercy of Apple otherwise. But reliable ones don't come free.
Unlike other CCGs, we started with nothing, no investment, zilch. It's been built on hard work, devotion and sweat (and almost tears!). The future may yet bring a server, if enough players come. It is still early days, with less than half of the core cards in the public version.