Great game, but a few questions

magiuspaulus
Hi there!
I have been playing this game for some time now and i actually love it! There is quite some strategy involved in the game, even although there aren't that many cards out. I have a few concers though, which i hope can be resolved!

1. I've heard, understood and noticed that the database which keeps track of my personal collection doesn't synchronize well (i used to play with my Iphone as well, but there are continous sync issues). If worst come to worst and my Ipad crashes, i might even have to buy all my cards again. Isn't it an idea to just link the purchases/cards i own into the Gamecenter accounts?

2. I'm a bit surprised there are almost no players. The game really isn't bad and a lot of games that are bad have lots of more players. Any idea how this is possible to fix (i personally think resolving point 1 will help!)

3. Am i right that the air expansion has cards that only the PC can play and not the players?

4. Learn the AI that playing a turn 1 Safehole is very stupid!

5. I think purple is too strong. It has insane and fast (and strong) creatures. the best removal of the game and the best cards to annoy your opponent as well as the best defending cards. Might be a good idea to share the love a bit more in the future.

6. I like how different strategies seem to work (though i think me and my friend found a deck that is near impossible to beat unless you focus a complete deck to beat it, we like to be proven wrong of course). I also like the atmosphere (nice music and art). Keep up to the good work!

I realize i have quite some critic points in this post, but it is only because i'm quite fond of the game and hope it will be doing even more better :)

Re: Great game, but a few questions

Hi Magius!

Thanks for your questions, here is a quick response to each:

1. iCloud manages the sync, Game Center doesn't provide that at all unfortunately.
In January the Apple iCloud servers suffered with a lot of problems, so I suspect the sync problem reports you are seeing are from January. I am not aware of any sync problems since then (perhaps nobody is complaining any more?) and I know a lot of players play the game on multiple devices (as indeed I am doing ;)).
If you have sync problems, I would be very interested to investigate them with you if you have time - please email via the Feedback option in the game, and we can take from there.

2. There are more players than it seems perhaps, it depends on the time of day in terms of finding an opponent, some evenings you can play non-stop for hours and other times there is nobody! The best thing I think is to put your Game Center name on the topic here and also invite those who have already put there names, then you can send game invites directly.

Otherwise, spread the word by telling everyone about how much you like the game :)

And I agree that there are other games that are immensely popular, and that I cannot understand why people would even want to play them because they seem to be devoid of any actual player decisions (tap something to progress). But we appear to be in a minority, for now at least ;)

3. This not correct no, Air is a normal Faction like the others. The AI will soon be getting Power Cards however, which the player can't ever get. These are designed to make the Single Player Campaign longer and more challenging, because they enable specific scenarios that will require the player to be even better than they usually are in order to defeat the AI :)

4. Haha, yes, you will find that it is gradually getting better and I suspect that is one of the things it has learnt not to do! :)

5. Well, I have heard some players say the same for almost every Faction, and I expect there will be some Forest or Swamp players happy to try and prove you wrong :)

6. Thanks for those comments, we appreciate the positive feedback and love to hear it!

All of the feedback is very welcome, positive and negative, and you've been very fair :)

Re: Great game, but a few questions

Also some further clarification on your database concerns:

1. If the game does crash then you won't lose your card collection. (It is I believe theoretically possible, but is so unlikely I have never seen it happen even when trying to force it to happen).

2. We recommend that you enable iCloud with Documents and Data, and iCloud backups. iCloud will then have two copies of your data - a "live" copy which is updated all the time, and backups which will be made automatically whenever your device is sleeping and powered and internet connected.

Using iCloud, it is almost impossible to actually lose your collection, and indeed I have not seen a single report of a player who had iCloud enabled ever losing their collection.

The only player who has ever reported losing their collection, had themselves deleted the game sometime before and didn't have any backups or iCloud enabled. So they had "lost" their collection by destroying it.

Re: Great game, but a few questions

doubtofbuddha
I get a "Server Error Need to download from iCloud but attempting to do so fails. Note that your data is old." message whenever I open the game and I have iCloud enabled and such. As a result I actually have two different collections levels and such on my two devices. Now from one perspective this is neat as it has allowed me to manage to explore different avenues on my iPad and iPhone, but it is still kind of weird.

Re: Great game, but a few questions

Thanks for the details, that is interesting.

If you do use the Feedback email from within the game please, that is useful as it attaches a log of errors and some game state info too. If you could do that from each device please, saying in the email which device it is, and if it has the error message (or perhaps they both do?) or not.

Ultimately if you want to have them both syncing, you are going to have lose the collection on one of the devices so that the other one can take over, so you are going to have to choose one of them to "win" at some point :)