Invitational tournament

jason.mullins78
I'm a certified uscf tournament director (chess). I'm sending out an invitation to the current top 25 rank. Here's the setup. 8 players, round robin, cumulative score. I'm in so looking for 7 other high ranked players to join in, first 7 to join are in. I'm calling it the Mullins Invitational ;) no rewards as I'm not one of the goblins and can't give gold. For honor only!!!

Re: Invitational tournament

This sounds excellent and if you want a gold reward then that can be readily arranged! :)

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
Completely up to you guys mike!

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
Something small would be ok, don't want to pull from the gold after the new upcoming release. I'm sure they will be itching for a tourney after that!

Re: Invitational tournament

Quintavarium
I would be delighted to play in such a tournement, but given my success rate in PVP against highly ranked players, I am willing to ceed my spot to someone who might be more competitive.  So count me in, but If spots fill, I can be replaced.  I do love both the idea and the format.

Re: Invitational tournament

--cwc88--
Couldn't have said it better myself, Quint.

Put me down for second on this "reserves" list.

I'm assuming it's one deck only for the entire tourney?

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
Format is 3 games any decks. You can change at any time you like. I will count you in Nate, and quint. You both are quality opponents to anyone. We have six players, just need 2 more to start!!!

Re: Invitational tournament

Valentino
can I join?

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
You are in Valentino! Nice to have you join

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
First I'd like to thank the all the competitors for joining. Rules are simple. This is a nine round round robin. All 3 games with opponent must be played, it is not a best of 3. This is a cumulative score. Being that it is a round robin if your next opponent is available you can progress to next round. One player will receive a bye every round. The most important rule is to have fun and play honest and respectful.

List of players by rank:
#2 Mark Turner
#3 Orange
#6 Roberto Navarette
#7 Bulldog86
#10 Bourke Street
#14 Fastbridge
#18 cw88---Nathan Shadeck
#21 Quintavarium
#23 Valentino

Round 1 Pairings:
Mark Turner vs. Quintavarium
Orange vs. cw88
Roberto Navarette vs. Fastbridge
Bulldog86 vs. Bourke St.
Valentino with bye

Valentino you will be waiting on Quintavarium to finish with mark. That is your second round opponent. Good luck to everyone.

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
Update on round 1, Valentino you will be playing confused. He was a late joiner. And also Valentino you are the only player not on glassboard. It would be beneficial to all if you was. Makes setting up your match that much easier.

Re: Invitational tournament

Good luck all!

And please make videos of your matches!
Once you have a video or few I'll add you to a DropBox folder so you can share them - and any that are published on the Three Goblins Youtube account will also gain the creator 500 gold!

Please leave the Effects animations ON, and record video with SOUND too! It's kind of boring watching them otherwise :-)

Note that I do reserve the right to reject any video submitted for any reason whatsoever and no explanation, but I would expect most to be posted :-)

Re: Invitational tournament

Quintavarium
with the new update expected as soon as apple posts it, should we wait, or begin as soon as reasonable?

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
You can begin as soon as possible;)

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
To all tournament players, you can wait til the update happens to start, didn't realize it would be that soon. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused in deck making.

Re: Invitational tournament

Bulldog86
I believe it is safe to say that all players can play any of their opponents at any time. For the purpose of speeding the tournament up. Now that the update is out I hope to start hearing some results. The weekend is coming up and hope that glassboard will be buzzing ;) good luck

Re: Invitational tournament

Valentino
Hey guys,

I want to highlight that I have seen a couple of decks from you very cool and learnt new things. Compared to the quality of the decks in the previous tournment this has been more challenging for me.

Thank you to all you showed me more cool combos!