Meta game - big creatures rule?

Jambo(75)
Hi,

I'm curious as to what this game becomes after most of the cards are collected...

I've been viewing many of the decks created by people here including those used in the tournament and the impression I get is the focus lands squarely with the high-end power creatures like the dragons, etc. With the limit (rather controversially in my humble opinion) at 4 per deck, this can mean a spamming of these high-end creatures.

Is there a role for the weaker /cheaper creatures once your collection gets fairly advanced?

I notice some one of the purple cards can really hamper the playing of high cost cards and that there is the Lost at Sea card.  Question is - is there enough to combat this strategy?

Re: Meta game - big creatures rule?

SteveGoblin
You can construct a very successful deck using only smaller things.
Cards like Lost, Psychic Vortex and Lost at Sea can really finish off large-creature decks.

However, you might be pleased to know the next update will contain about 30-40 small card changes, many of which will make life a bit harder for big creature decks.

Example of a few changes:

Miasma: affects highest cost card, not random
Screaming Skulls :¬†affects highest cost card, not random
Implode : 1 less cost

In summary, a balanced approach is normally a good formula for success, as you never know what you will you be up against in 2-player.

Re: Meta game - big creatures rule?

Jambo(75)
That's interesting - glad to hear of the changes to some of the lower cost cards.

When is the update scheduled for?

Cheers

Re: Meta game - big creatures rule?

SteveGoblin
All I can say is "not long" - I don't dare be any less vague.

This won't be the Jungle update. That will follow on towards the end of the year...which is getting remarkably close remarkably quickly....