Multiplayer

Milo
every time I try to play multiplayer the game glitches. I join th queue then go about playing a sine player game only to be jerked out of the game to a message reading something like "both players don't get credit"

Why?

Re: Multiplayer

Milo
posting with a phone = all sorts of errors... what I mean is, I cant seam to play multiplayer.  I try but it errors out most of the time.  Sometimes I cannot commit a deck.  It just hangs there and then tell me that we didn't start a game so we don't get credit.  Other times it allows me to play single player games but then... without warning tells me it times out due to the players not committing...

help!

 - M

Re: Multiplayer

You can send an error report in the game, by accessing Settings (small cog Icon at top left of screen).
This will send us a list of things which might help answer you.

I've never *experienced this before, so it might be something very unusual. Is it possible your internet connection was getting cut off?

(*edit)

Re: Multiplayer

.Confused.
Hi Goblins,

I experience the same as Milo (since september?) when the PVP matching started messing-up real bad. I have mentioned it and sent feedback to Mike until (53 days ago according to global chat) he said he had enough feedback to solve the issue. There was a new OS since then and a SC update as well, but things did not get solved.

I don't play often anymore, but can clearly read in the global chat that the connection issues are affecting many.

Thanks,

.C.

Re: Multiplayer

This is the first I've heard that there are continuing general problems after 3.4.4 and iOS 8.1.

Milo and Confused please do send a Feedback message immediately after the next time there is a problem as it may be helpful, although I understand too that you're not playing it as much if it always has problems

On the chat I noticed some players have problems but then I see the same players saying "gg" etc to each other later on, so I assume the problems are temporary and not persistent.

The underlying cause of the problems are due to Game Centre changes Apple have introduced, I am still hopeful that they (Apple) will resolve them. Apple are very secretive though even about bug fixes, so I probably won't get to hear about any fix except second (or third or nth) hand.

If the problems continue we will have to consider an alternative match-making platform, but it won't be until Q2 next year at the earliest.

Game Centre is clearly working for many players too however, and every time I try a game it always works fine and I complete my game (getting my Starter Deck whipped usually :)).

Re: Multiplayer

.Confused.
Thanks for paying attention to this, Goblins!

I reposted the exact message on the global chat, in hopes you'll get the feedback you need to fix this coming not only from two, but many more players. It is quite a "party-pooper" after the great Spring and Summer eras of PVP fluidity!

As much as I wish for Ice at Christmas, PVP issues are much more critical than a new faction, in my opinion.
Cheers,

.C.

Re: Multiplayer

Agreed completely and quality issues like this always get top priority, even at the cost of new cards (and what a cost that it is!).

Thanks for the additional request for feedback, I did post one too awhile back but it definitely bears repeating :)

Btw Confused hit me up for a game too, if you are reliably having disconnect problems then it might help me determine possible workarounds.

Re: Multiplayer

Thanks for trying to reproduce errors today too Confused, that combined with some more reports from others lead me to specific investigations which have revealed some potential solutions too, so I'm working on those right now :)

Re: Multiplayer

.Confused.
Spellcraft = Goblins + Community = Enjoyable entertainment

Thanks for the efforts you invest in geting us back on track!

.C.