My point of view about quick decks

Valentino
I was a MTG (Magic the gathering) fan several years ago.

I was a big fan of quick decks.

Reference: quick decks pursue a strategy to kick the ass of the opponent before he can stall and control the game.

In MTG you can play a land card each turn. Each land gives you a power point (Equivalent), which means that you can play 1 pp cards on first turn, 2 pp cards on second turn and so on...more or less if I have to simplify the concept.

in this game lands do not exist, which has an upside to reduce luck factor.

However the downside is that quick decks are penalized because heavy cards can be played starting from the second turn.

Control decks are easier to be designed and in most cases quick decks must have a control component.

Your comments are appreciated.

Re: My point of view about quick decks

Quintivarium
My observation has been that my quick decks tend to stall after inflicting only 4 to 14 points of damage.  They always need either a finishing plan or a board clearing plan

Re: My point of view about quick decks

Valentino
This confirms my statement. I did not come to that range but it makes sense.

Re: My point of view about quick decks

That sounds about right. Since you start with "5 lands" in play, you can launch a very rapid initial assault. But it will soon lose momentum, needing some heavy support.

There is also, of course, the combination of control and quick styles, to prevent the enemy playing larger minions, whilst you keep laying out more smaller Quick creatures.