Need input on deck

D3v222
So here goes.... I'm building a quick deck based around crushing waves. I will post a card list below. let me know your thoughts about it, or any suggestions you may have. Thanks!

A&W Quick Wipe

2 aeromancers
4 lightning golems
4 storm fiend
3 silver hawk
2 blown away
2 overload
2 forked lightning
4 magic missile
1 storm core
2 giant octopus
2 sea dragon
4 crushing wave
1 back to the depth
2 rainbow pearl
2 treasure chest
3 shimmer pearl

Ok. So, lots of quick minions. Lots of draw and power. Less obvious aspects; forked lightning and magic missle to get minions below 3 health for crushing wave. Sea dragon because he recycles spells and can be a hassle. Giant octopus, also a hassle and can regen health to 3. Back to the depths is a last resort, if I need to save someone from wave. Wow... Sorry that was so long winded. Looking forward to your feedback! Thanks.

Re: Need input on deck

SteveGoblin
One approach I use when designing decks (including  higher  AI decks) is to ask myself this: is this card really part of the plan, or is it there just because I like it or own it?

I am sure the others will chip on with specific advice though!

Re: Need input on deck

There is a lot to deal with small minions there so I would probably take out the blown aways and put something else in.Maybe something to deal with large minions. Sirens,sink,aqualid hunters ,giant voltas or aquamacers. I think 2 sinks would probably be good.

Re: Need input on deck

D3v222
I'll give the 2 sink a try... I also took out Into the depths, and a shimmering pearl so I could put in another storm core and a null wand.... So much for spell immunity :) thanks for the tips guys!

Re: Need input on deck

D3v222
Made a few more small changes based on some suggestions from .confused. in a MP battle. If anyone is interested I can list the current cards.

Re: Need input on deck

D3v222 wrote
1 storm core
2 rainbow pearl
3 shimmer pearl
Did you not actually beat .Confused. after he helped you out?
Hmmmm... some friend, huh?

I recreated the deck from the list above (I'm visual, next time please do a picture!) and the one thing that jumped to my thought was that you don't need all these power-giving cards to make it work. You'd just spend the power to look for other cards you would actually use. Actually, I can't recall you using them (pearls and core) in neither game. 6 cards = 15% of your deck. That's a lot of room for more nasty tricks!

Would be interesting to see the new version, and plenty of other decks... 'cause you play intelligently too.

Cheers,

Re: Need input on deck

D3v222
Hmmm I think that did happen :) haha. Regarding the power cards... Yes. one use is to fish for cards I need but it also greatly increases my chance of dropping more than 1 minion or a combination of spells and minions on a turn (especially when wave+minion=6-7 power). Since this deck plays sort of fast and reckless I think it'd lose a few of its teeth with out them. I'll experiment with less of them in campaign for a bit... Maybe just the 2 rainbow pearls. Thanks again for your continued input!

(as far as a picture, can I do that from an iPhone?)

Re: Need input on deck

SteveGoblin
To get a picture on iPhone (or iPad) press and hold the main button on the front, then tap the power button on the top of the device.

Re: Need input on deck

Quintavarium
Having played this deck twice (beating it handily the first time and getting utterly crushed -- pun intended -- the second), I have the following observations:
1.  Every deck is dependent upon the luck of the cards, but this one seems particularly so.  That is not necessarily bad as a deck that is occasionally awesome will progress you much further than a deck which is consistently mediocre, but I would look for ways to improve its consistency.
2.  The deck of mine that you played was one of my most successful builds -- well polished and powerful.  Moreover, in both games, I felt I was dealt very favorable cards -- you beat my deck at its best.  In retrospect, knowing the cards in your deck, I should have played it differently (I was too confident of my deapsea thug overwhelming your "measly" storm fiend) -- but that's not really a fair criticism; in theory I don't know your cards.
3.  At least against me, what really worked well was the sinks (which threw me against the ropes), and the crushing waves (that washed me out).  I think the crushing wave combos in your deck are very well conceived and effective, but you may want something to fall back on if a crushing waves card doesn't come up in your first 10 cards (which will happen about 1 time in 5 or 6 if I remember correctly that you have 4 of them in the deck)?  I would consider building a secondary threat into your deck.  Deepsea thugs, sky hydras, or even titan aquamancers come to mind -- anything to draw your opponent's attention (or kill him!) while you wait for crushing waves.
4.  I think durability is one of your deck's weaknesses.  Only the sea dragons and giant octopi have any real staying power.  You might want to consider something like a tide caller or tide shift to maneuver your quick, but vulnerable minions out of harms way.  I think these very cheap cards are often under-estimated.
5.  I have really struggled with the air faction.  For the first time, I see its potential as a primary faction.  Nice job.

Re: Need input on deck

Quintavarium
By the way, I very much like that you listed your cards rather than send a picture of the deck -- I guess I'm more verbal than visual.  Please don't assume that preference for pictures is 100% of the community.

Re: Need input on deck

D3v222
Hey! Thank you so much for your input. This deck is a lot of fun to play but, as you stated, not very consistent. I'm still experimenting with a second threat option... Tried archmage, too soft and vulnerable to wave right off the play line. I also contemplated sky dragon but I worry about having more than 5 5 cost minions. Im gonna keep testing options in campaign, Ill end up posting the refined card list later today. It's been a lot of fun playing both of you (.confused. & quinti) and has really helped polish it up. Thanks a lot!

Re: Need input on deck

D3v222
Ok, here is the current version. Everyone who has given me input on this helped build it. Thank you!

A&W Quick Wipe

1 Cloud Dragon (might swap a sea dragon for another one of these)
2 Storm ship
3 Aeromancers
4 Lightning golem
4 Storm fiend
3 Silver hawk
1 Null wand
2 Overload
2 Forked lightning
3 Magic missiles
2 Storm core
3 Sea Dragon
4 Crushing waves
3 Sink
2 Rainbow pearl
1 Sunken treasure

There you have it! Still more room to tweak, I could pull a few things and up the numbers of some of the cards for a little more consistency still but I like having options. Again, thank you all so much for your contributions! Time to work on some of my other decks :)