New unlockables

markturnergoblin
The Pyrosaur. The cinderlands has its dinosaurs too! One of the new unlockable cards in an upcoming update

Re: New unlockables

Quintivarium
This looks fantastic.  Any chance you can tease us further by explaining how they will be unlocked?

Re: New unlockables

SteveGoblin
There are 2 unlockables ("Specials") per faction.

One will be a minion, the other will not.

The minion of a faction is unlocked by winning X number of 1-player matches using that faction.

The other is unlocked by winning X number of 2-player matches using that faction.

The act of unlocking it awards 1 copy of the card. Then others can be purchased with gold if needed.

Hopefully this will encourage more PvP

Note: the X I can't tell you yet. But only matches played after that update will count towards unlocking.

Re: New unlockables

Ah, good incentive! And fantastic illustration as always.

Re: New unlockables

markturnergoblin
              Triton illusionist.

Re: New unlockables

markturnergoblin
                              Jungle troll

Re: New unlockables

Valentino
Can we have details about skills? I'd like to know on which factions I'll have to invest my next duels ;-)

Re: New unlockables

SteveGoblin
Their abilities remain a deep dark secret.

Just wish we could get them out quicker.

Re: New unlockables

SteveGoblin
Well, here are the names and card types at least:

AIR
Brainstorm (Spell)
Wildmage (Minion)

FIRE
Fire Prism (Item)
Pyrosaur (Minion)

FOREST
Flowering (Aura)
Deepwood Unicorn (Minion)

JUNGLE
Jungle Troll (Minion)
Scavengers (Trap)

OCEAN
Triton Illusionist (Minion)
Overflow (Aura)

SWAMP
Betrayal (Spell)
Gorger (Minion)

UNDERWORLD
Telepathic Link (Aura)
Brain Hound (Minion)

Re: New unlockables

Art
Can't wait. Mind to include how we get them?

How many battle?

Re: New unlockables

markturnergoblin
It will be about 20 wins to unlock each card,With an progress bar showing you how many wins you still need.

Re: New unlockables

BourkeStreet
It would be more exciting if each card's abilities were secret so that we can find out by unlocking them ourselves.

Re: New unlockables

SteveGoblin
Exactly.

Re: New unlockables

markturnergoblin
The new unlockables update has been submitted to the Apple store ,so it should be out in the store in around 4-8 days.
It features  14 new cards to be unlocked and some minor card tweeks.

Re: New unlockables

Valentino
What is the impact that goblins foresee the new cards to have on the gameplay?

Re: New unlockables

SteveGoblin
Without giving the card abilities away, I expect to see more of these decks:

Triton decks
Forest decks that are faster
Air decks that are even faster
Card denial decks
More players experimenting with old factions they haven't played with for a while
Players experimenting with factions they have never played with

But it's hard to predict, as you know.

Re: New unlockables

Update is out now!

Re: New unlockables

I have now unlocked all minions.  Since I will probably be months unlocking the other cards, I wanted to offer my initial impressions before they are no longer initial impressions.

First, as I'm sure the goblins are already well aware, fire prism is badly broken -- at best the game will degenerate to a contest of who is lucky and draws certain cards first; at worst, it leads to invincible decks.  At the very least, it should not impact barriers and not trigger more than once per turn -- but even this is probably not sufficient to balance it.

Other than fire prism, the cards I've seen (which include the seven minions and fire prism, betrayal, and brainstorm) seem like wonderful additions.  Each has a very unique power and several either open up new deck possibilities or make old decks more playable.  Only the unicorns, illusionists, and betrayal spell do not appear to me to have potential as a cornerstone for a deck, but all three have a very general usefulness in many decks.  In fact the triton illusionist has a subtle power that is so interesting, I want to play ocean again -- despite the aquamancer that ruins that faction for me.

So thank you to the goblins for this wonderful addition to a game I love.  And I'm awaiting a fix for the fire prism :)

Re: New unlockables

SteveGoblin
Thanks for that. Yes Fire Prism has problems. It got sent out with the wrong casting cost. Hope to get the new update out as soon as we can, as we've finished working on it now.