Noticed something again

Tsiflikas
Bah sorry to keep on littering the board with these card play issues when there are more serious connection issues out there but I love the game and want it to be perfect.

Ok so I was playing Rouge (always something cool and different) and in this case my decidedly mediocre ocean/forest deck was going up against his spell immunity deck centered around Catastrophe. So I played Flood and he had a bunch of onesies out (Lava Imps mostly). Their stats therefore went to 0/1. I then played two Aqualid mages on two of them and...nothing happened. So is it because Flood is temporary that the game is reading them as "really" still at 1/1 rather than 0/1?

That might make a kind of sense I suppose but they seem to die just fine if faced up against a 1/1 opponent so what gives?

Re: Noticed something again

Quintivarium
Certain interactions like the one you describe can be a little hard to predict -- some you just have to encounter.  What I am virtually certainly is occurring is this: imps remain a 1/1 card, then flood reduces their strength.  When you hit them with the aqualid mage, you reversed stats on the 1/1 card, after which flood reduced strength making it 0/1 again.  By the way, this is consistent with other strength based effects.  For instance, if I bodyswap a 3/5 undead giant with a grizzlies backed by a wild strength to have 4/2 stats, my giant remains 3/5 and the grizzlies remain 4/2 -- the swap is done on original stats, after which the strength effecting aura is applied.  Please note that this only applies to strength changing effects -- not strength triggered effects.  A sink spell can be cast on a living essence backed by a wild strength spell even though sink requires strength 3 to apply -- the strength boost provided by wild strength is evidently sufficient to count the living essence as strength 3 for this purpose.  I am not certain I have observed this, but I believe gravity well would work like sink.

Interestingly, barkskin (affecting health, not strength) does not work the same.  I have not observed the effects when an aqualid mage is played opposite a barkskinned unit, but a nobbling trickster does reduce health to 1 (after the barkskin effect -- not before).

Re: Noticed something again

Mr.Rouge
Thanks Tziflikas, it's cool to play with you too!
Like Quintivarium wrote, aura effects "affects" cards after counting life and strength points. In example, if I had a giant bat (0/1) with a wild strength in his line (1/1), you could have to play your aqualid and kill my bat, just turned in a 2/0 minion :D