Opening - very first move

Valentino
Ok, so we say that you play first. You have 3 power points to spend.

What are your ideal cards to be played for each faction at first turn?

Fire:
ruby hatchling

Forest:
Dragonfly

Ocean:
Giant Volta or Triton Acquamancer (1 pp wasted)

Underworld:
Phantasma or Deepspawn

Swamp:
Screaming skull or Howling banshee

Air:
Aeromancer

Jungle:
Saberine or Angry Hornets

In case I forgot anything please update my list.

And then: which of these opening is the best according to your opinion?

Re: Opening - very first move

markturnergoblin
Does that include multiple cards. If so I would probably want 3 power gems in my start hand and 2 cards costing a total of 6 power. Although other nasty combos like 3 vortexes might be good.

Re: Opening - very first move

I will try to respond in the spirit of the question.  But my actual answer is much more complex depending upon at least the following: 1.  The spirit of my deck -- in a quick, kobo deck. I would want kobo summoner; in a stall deck, I might want spore farm; and in a power deck, I might choose deep spawn.  2. Other cards in my hand.  If I hold 3 wolf packs, I will happily play one of them.  If I hold only 1 wolf pack, I would rather play a fey spirit and tap my deck.  3.  My opponent's main faction.  While I love aquamancers, if my opponent's primary faction is fire, I may lean more toward a triton wave rider, figuring the aquamancer will get nuked on my opponent's turn.

In any case, my simple answer is:
fire: magma sphere
forest: fey spirit + tap deck (or + tree of life)
water: shimmersquid or siren
underearth: phantasma or deep spawn
swamp: howling banshee
air: chronomancer or pulsar + deck tap
jungle: mantid or savage kobo + trap drawn

Of all factions, I probably like the howling banshee play best as its difficulty to counter tends to give me a lasting tempo advantage -- especially if I have a deck loaded with good cost 4 cards that pay well with the banshee's special ability.  I may prefer the fey spirit + tap deck option in some cases as it still gives me some 1st turn initiative while being non-committal enough to be similar to having the second turn.

I also note that the differences in Valentino's choices and mine are probably indicative of a dramatic difference in playing style -- I think I depend far more on building stronger minions and far less on speed and spells than does Valentino.

Re: Opening - very first move

Valentino
I took off from the list cards to be played in combo with the exception of aquamancer

Quick take over:
if you want a quick deck you should use ruby hatchling or Aeromancer
if you want a pressure deck you should use giant volta or phantasma or deep spawn or Angry hornets or screaming skull
if you want a control deck you should use giant volta or triton aquamancer or saberine or howling banshee

I think the first move is essential in the game evolution. But you should be aware also of what the opponent might play, therefore 2-3 different cards of this type are essential.

My detailed opinion on each card below:

Fire:
ruby hatchling - 2 guaranteed damages. Good card +++
magma sphere - Puts pressure but requires extra cards at later stage to keep it stable ++

Forest:
Dragonfly - 2 guaranteed but no extra effect +

Ocean:
Giant Volta - good control card ++
Triton Acquamancer - excellent card but fragile, not to be playeed at first turn if opponent has  countercards +++
shimmersquid - not a good choice in a quick deck +
siren - excellent card not a good choice in a quick deck +

Underworld:
Phantasma - fragile but good choice +++
Deepspawn - solid card but requires extra power points ++

Swamp:
Screaming skull - puts pressure on opponent ++
Howling banshee - good ability but not valid as opener ++

Air:
Aeromancer - 2 guaranteed damages and key effect on spell combos +++
Chronomancer  - good card but fragiles and requires extra cards in combo ++
Pulsar - good card but requires extra cards in combo ++

Jungle:
Saberine - excellent card to kill small minions +++
Angry Hornets - fragile but puts pressure ++
Mantid - fragile ++
Savage kobo - good card if you have traps ++