Please Consider This

Mack the Knife
This post was updated on .
Is there ANY chance of bringing this to the PC (Steam) in landscape mode?

Re: Please Consider This

Hey Mack,

There is a good chance we will bring Spellcraft to Steam in the future yes!
Part of the reason we were away for so long was that we have laid the foundations for full cross-platform support, and full localisation of the game.

But, it will not be in landscape - the cards are all in portrait, the game board is in portrait - it's a portrait layout game :)

Re: Please Consider This

Mack the Knife
This post was updated on .

Good news and I was thinking more of the game board orientation.  Seems a portrait orientated playing field would be too narrow for the larger screens and you'd end up having to squeeze it into the middle of the screen with those 2-3 inch solid black "borders/fillers" (read ugly) on each side.  Or worse, having to play the game in Windowed mode (yuck).   For me anyway, those things ruined Ascenson on the PC.   Any thoughts on that?  How do you envision making Spellcraft "look great" on the bigger screens?

Re: Please Consider This

Hey Mack, sorry for the late response I missed it for some reason. You make good points there, I haven't really considered it yet but I expect the simplest approach is a window with the game within it full screen, and resizable up to the height of the screen.

I don't see how anything else could work really, we can't realistically regenerate hundreds of card images to make them wider, and maintaining a separate layout for a specific platform becomes more expensive and time-consuming.

But playing it within a window should be fine - I've seen people happily playing card games (eg solitaire, poker etc) within windows and it doesn't seem to cause problems, although I agree a full screen always looks nicer.

Anyway we're not likely to be doing this anytime soon, our feature roadmap is v full in the meantime :)

Re: Please Consider This

xAn0nyxx
Will you be announcing this exciting news on the forum?ive been playing this game for years and I still love it. If the PC version becomes a reality, will we be able to transfer or link our Game Center account info into the PC version so we can keep our progress and cards?

I was also curious if the PC version will have more areas on the map to explore?

Thank you so much for creating this game. It is very well done and fun to play. You are also great team of designers who are friendly and interact with the fans of the game. I’m looking forward to any additions to this game, regardless of which format they may be in. Thank you. :)

Re: Please Consider This

Thanks xAn0nyxx, glad you like the game!

There won't be a Steam version any time soon although it would be great to bring it to Steam, and yes you would keep your progress and cards (but without any Game Center relation).