Power Points again...

Valentino
I am curious to know what is the total sum of the PPs in your best decks...

Re: Power Points again...

Quintivarium
I don't have any good decks.

Those I am currently running have 98, 105, 105, 105, 118, and 120.

I am curious what you are trying to ascertain from this information.

Re: Power Points again...

Valentino
I think that's an indicator of how quick a deck is

Re: Power Points again...

Valentino
I am at 132, BTW

Re: Power Points again...

Interesting, because none of my decks were designed as quick decks, nor do I find that they play that way.  The 120 and 118 are very much stall decks (especially the 120).  One of the 105s is power deck.  The others are reaction/reduction decks.  Yet I believe you play a very quick deck.  Surely you're not thinking higher power points implies quicker.  But maybe I'm an anomaly.

Re: Power Points again...

Valentino
I stated my deck building criteria more than once already:

I take only 5/3/2 pp cards in a wise mix.

5x3=15
3x4=12
2x3=6

sum =33

4 cards each = 132

And I think that my decks are pretty quick despite the high power point averages...

Re: Power Points again...

Quintavarium
So you have this desired cost distribution and choose cards to fit it.  Very interesting -- and probably a good idea.  I have always started with cards I wanted, then checked certain ratios (number of minions/barriers, number of cards playable first turn, ratio of cost three to cost two and cheaper cards, etc.) to modify my deck.  And I tend to produce a lot of rather poor decks -- usually because my card costs are out of balance.

Re: Power Points again...

Valentino
I can confirm that I tried for a long time to make a fire/swamp deck which works and I was always unsuccessful, then I made a good one following the usual criteria I adopted for the others which work:

a) choose the opening creatures (2 or 3 pp)
b) choose the big creatures (5 pp)
c) choose the non-minion cards

the 5/3/2 distribution should be always the same.

I noticed decks built with this criteria are stronger. I think because when I play a 3 pp card then I can draw an extra card.

I have only 1 exception which contains also a set of 1x4/1 cards -a combo which worths the pain and I play always together. My strategy is not valid if you plan to add pp boosters.

Be aware: Vortex can be a big problem if you do not have the right mix of mid creatures.

Re: Power Points again...

interesting idea to measure deck speed.  I haven't aware of that even though i like to keep my power cost of decks low.

Most of my decks are under 100 and lowest is 61.

Re: Power Points again...

Valentino
My question to you guys then is as follows:

do you usually run out of cards in the middle of the game?

Having no cards and being forced to spend 2 pp for an extra card is not a good thing at all.

I usually do not have this problem. If I do, I increase the average cost of my cards.