Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

If you have upgraded to v2.8 and have lost your data, please be assured your data is all there and is fine and will reappear with the next update which we are rushing through with Apple now.

I personally apologise for this, there was a problem with the 2.8 update - which was a shock to discover for us all this morning!

Please send me a Feedback message from v2.8 if you have this problem.

Thanks for being patient and the update to bring your data back should be with you soon!

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Jambo(75)
No problem, these things happen. Hopefully Apple will be able to expedite it through so we can get back to playing soon.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Thanks Jambo - I'm just writing the pleading message for them now! :)

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

A quick note for those of you now running v2.8.

You can safely play with that version and make changes etc, and when you upgrade to 2.8.1 all of your previous data will be restored as it was before the update to 2.8.

Apologies again for this, I am looking to put some safeguards in place to prevent this happening ever again - this was all caused due to a single mis-click which I then didn't spot later.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Good news - Apple have granted an expedited review.

So hopefully you'll be back up and running soon!

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Art
Do I still need to send a feedback message from 2.8 if I have lost all my data?

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

--cwc88--
Good news indeed!

It's a testament to how thoroughly entertaining, thought-provoking, and--let's face it--addicting this game is that so many players (none more so than myself) are waiting so anxiously for the chance to play again (with their usual decks, that is).

And it's a testament to the Goblins' dedication to the game and the community that plays it that they've done everything they can to fix the situation as quickly and painlessly as possible and that they have been so thorough and honest in their explanations and offers to compensate any players who wouldn't have been able to recover their collections (had it come to that).

Mistakes happen. What matters is how they're handled.

Job well done. Looking forward to countless more hours of play in he near future.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Mack the Knife
the app has been yanked off iTunes.  lucky for me i slept in and hadn't updated!

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Thanks --cwc88--, we really appreciate those thoughts!

And you know what - having such great and supportive players really keeps us going too - you guys are great!

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

.Confused.
Well, Good Goblins,

It is in hard times that support -and pints of beers- are needed. I have, luckily, not been affected by the faulty update, but some of my favourite opponents were. Cwc88 is right: your commitment to your players is worth celebrating. So I've chosen to complete my collection by sending you enough cash for a few pints of beer. I hope more people, who have not participated financially to the tremendous game you've created, will be inspired to do the same.

Really, what more can you ask of a team of developers? Nothing the Goblins are not already doing.
Thanks guys,

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Quintivarium
Without a doubt, the three goblins are the most fan centered development team I've ever observed.  Normally, losing my rather extensive collection of cards (not to mention my creative collection of decks) would really concern me.  But I have every confidence that the goblins have done everything possible to set things right.  So thanks to the goblins.

Actually, this mishap has given me some new appreciation for the game.  Playing 85th level AI decks with only a starter deck is very insightful.  Clearly, there are some opponents I just can't defeat with the deck, but much to my surprise, I am winning nearly as large a percentage of games as I was with my own decks.  Amazing given my deck has no rare cards and very few cards with a strength of 3 or more.  I think the starter decks provide some real lessons in deck creation which I am still trying to digest.  Just more evidence of the love that went into the game creation.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Art
Maybe we should organize a starter deck tournament in the mean time.  Thanks Goblins, even the decks you created for starters are great!!

I am loving my green/purple starter.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

The update has just gone live and should become visible for you all over the next few hours (it can take up to 24 hours but is usually faster than that), so please do install the update (and let me know ASAP if you still have issues please! :)).

Thanks for the love here guys!

And for bearing with us during what I now think of as "The great late 2.8 debacle"!

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

SteveGoblin
Yes big thanks for your support. We couldn't have wished for better players.

I've just installed the update and all my old stuff and decks has magically reappeared.

'To err is human' ...and goblin.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Jambo(75)
Yeah, downloaded the update and all appears to be working now with my cards and decks returned. Whew!

It's just a pity I have to get through a working day now before I can try out all the new changes.

Good job guys.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Quintavarium
Does this mean we lose thpse wonderful starter decks :)  (Quickly scribbles down cards.)

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

As I walk in the valley of 2.8 ...

Decks & collections are intact.
I can win (& lose) vs AI and get my reward in gold, even if the amount is not written anymore.
The cards are updated whether they were in my decks or in my collection, makes no difference.
This looks spotless.

Goblin Steve, were the changes listed final, in the appropriate post?
Thank you Goblins!

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

SteveGoblin
Yes, they should match what you have now.
99% of them at least. It's been a bit...chaotic , as you can appreciate.

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Bulldog86
I just wanted to say thank you to the goblins for fixing my mistake!! I deleted the game when it stalled during the first (bugged) update without backing it up on iCloud. You guys are the best! When jungle comes out I will be buying some gold in support of all your hard work and commitment to us players. You guys are truly what makes this the greatest multiplayer environment that their is!!

Re: Problems with latest update (v2.8) !!

Thanks Bulldog!