Proposal for a new game modality: WAR

Valentino
My proposal is as follows:

players can join guilds

PVP between players of different guilds in WAR modality must select a land in the map.

The game is played with the power cards matching that land.

The guild of the player which wins that duel also wins that land.

The map shows the ownership of the land

Goblingolds are distributed at the end of the period (1 week?) to the players of the guild having conquered most lands.

Re: Proposal for a new game modality: WAR

markturnergoblin
This is an interresting idea but we would need a bigger player base for such a thing.Maybe something to consider later  on, it would be nice to use that map as a tactical battle map.
 Our next step is to improve 2 player. We plan to make it so you can queue for a 2 player game and continue to do whatever you wish while you wait. ie you can make decks or play 1 player. hopefully this will help solve the finding an opponent problem. So it will no longer be necassary to just sit looking at the find opponet button which at the moment few are prepared to do.
 Also want to make a more meaningfull win/losses scoreboard. At the moment it just shows wins,but we want to have it tot up wins and losses.

Re: Proposal for a new game modality: WAR

Valentino
Yes, my proposal is not in the short term but an idea to give a deeper meaning to the map. A player could even "bet" on a faction instead of creating guilds.

The idea is also suitable to increase the social factor among players.

Just think about it.

Re: Proposal for a new game modality: WAR

The queue idea is excellent -- that will really encourage being open to multi-player.

I have mixed feeling about the win loss record scoreboard.  While I don't mind the world seeing that I am like 3-50 vs. opponents like orange, valentine, markturner goblin, fastbridge, confused, cw88, bulldog, and the like, it might be off-putting to some.  And for others who are good players, but very record conscious, it might discourage the use of experimental decks in PVP.  On the other hand, I am a considerably weaker player (at least in PVP) than most others near my rank -- a record including losses is certainly more representative.

Re: Proposal for a new game modality: WAR

markturnergoblin
Ideally it would only record scores this way versus random opponents,so playing by invite will not count .I will have to see if thats possible.

Re: Proposal for a new game modality: WAR

Valentino
For example a player could commit for the period (a week) to play only decks of that faction. If the faction wins at the end of the period then he receives extra goblingold.

Again this is a simple innovation with the following benefits:
a) social - player gather together and have something in common
b) specialization - there is the commitment from players to play specific cards on a longer time period therefore the skills with those cards improve

The idea to visualize results on the map is an incentive to relog on the game to see how the faction is performing - and to play more.