PvP When to start?

Dorion
Hey Guys,

As you may know from my previous posts, I just started playing this game a few weeks ago.  I'm just wondering when you guys recommend that I should start playing PvP games.  I'm leveled to the late 20's in the single player campaign and have some well developed Forest Fire and Ocean decks as I have purchased 2-3 40 card boosters of each along with purchasing some individual rare cards.  The campaign is getting hard enough where I recently started building decks to beat certain scenarios.  I've never played a card game before this one and know that I'm only starting to pick up on the strategic thinking needed to build a basic functional deck.

I'm a little intimidated to play PvP since I'm so new to all this.  Any help or recommendations as to when I should jump into PvP would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Re: PvP When to start?

Quintivarium
Dorion,

There is no right or wrong time to start PVP play.  I did not start playing until I had completed the campaign (which went to about level 75 at the time), but others have started almost immediately.  The earlier you start, the harder it is to win, both because your strategy is not yet developed and because your card selection is very limited.  But I think most players would agree that it is faster to learn vs. human players than vs. the AI, which, although very good, still does a lot of stupid things.

I think the most important thing to realize is that the goal of a game is fun.  If you enjoy PVP -- even though you lose at lot at first -- play PVP.  If you are not enjoying fighting wave after wave of dragons with your lava elementals, go back to playing the campaign until your cards can compete.  Or seek an opponent willing to play decks appropriate to your holdings.  (If they are a good player, you likely will still lose, but you won't feel like your cards had no chance.)  And don't be afraid to ask better players for their suggestions.  Most of the community is happy to help (at least if you share a common language!)

I think you have probably advanced to the point where you should have two or three good decks and a reasonable chance of competing in PVP.  And don't get discouraged if you lose frequently -- there are still players who probably defeat me 80% of the time.

If you feel like you want additional play suggestions, there are several excellent posts on the forum -- although it may take some digging to find them.  Vatentino -- although he rarely plays anymore -- has made several very insightful posts.  And my thread "strategy esays" (sorry for the spelling error -- I cannot correct it) which has now moved to the second page of the forum has what I believe are numerous useful articles.

Good Luck, and many happy games.

Re: PvP When to start?

Dorion
Hello Quintivarium,

Thanks for the reply.  I see a lot of helpful posts written by you and am greatful for you insight and sharing.  Truth to tell, I started reading your strategy post yesterday. :)

Thanks for the feedback.  Based on the information you imparted, I will probably wait for the following reasons:

1.  I do have fun playing AI
2.  I need to earn as much gold as possible so I would rather beat an easier AI at this stage then lose to a smart human!
3.  I don't want to burn through this game to quickly....so I will have fun taking it slow.
4.  I think I need to develop my decks more before facing the crafty human-being.

I find your guides very helpful!  Thanks again for all your input and making the forums a richer place.