Quick deck

Hwllspawn_destroyer
Aeromancers.        x4.
Lightning golem     x4
Storm fiend.          X4
Silverhawk.           X4
Cloud fey.              X4
Arcane thief(rare). X3
Fire elemental.      X2
Fire birds.             X2

Spells
Power surge.         X2
Tornado (rare).      X4
Null wand.            X1
Storm core.          X2
Spell net.             X2
Captured flame.   X2

So far it works pretty good, any ideas on tweaking is appreciated

Re: Quick deck

BourkeStreet
This post was updated on .
At first glance, I would replace Null Wand, Fire Elementals and Spell nets with Power Dive; Captured Flame with two more Storm Cores to speed up the deck a little bit if I'm rolling with the rest of those cards. It's never my style to place all my eggs in the one basket - I wouldn't rely too much on Quick because my own decks are all very effective against Quick decks as you found out earlier so I'd incorporate in Spell Storm strategy related cards.

Re: Quick deck

I had not tried a quick deck along these lines: I had written such decks off as ineffective because I expected them to stall somewhat shy of the 20 damage needed to win the game.  Your post prompted me to try one.  Playing only against the AI, I have been very pleasantly surprised at how well the deck actually plays.  Now, I did make considerable changes to your deck because I wanted to try some of my own ideas, but I think my experience will extend to your deck.

I am assuming your "fire elementals" are lava elementals, not feral elementals -- although I don't think it would change my comments either way.

I think the biggest improvement you can make is to take BourkeStreet's suggestion to include power dive -- I frequently found it a struggle to obtain the last 4 or 5 damage necessary to win a game.  Power dive gives an option to obtain this final damage.  And it allows you to make use of creatures that would otherwise die attacking a stronger foe.  Spell net and null wand  are obvious targets for replacement: spell net is too expensive for a quick philosophy, and null wand  is very special purpose -- really only helpful against ghosts, smoke elementals, and living maze.

I also agree with BourkeStreet about swapping other power generating cards for storm core.  But I think I would swap the power surge cards instead.  First, the captured flame do help empower silverhawks -- and do so a turn earlier than storm core.  But even more important, without power surge, aeromancers will draw power dive instead -- a card I think you will find you really want in hand.

I think I would also try to work some ruby hatchlings into your deck -- definitely replacing "fire elementals" and probably a copy or two of other minions.  The hatchlings' special adds some flexibility to your strategy, and gives a means of dealing with combat immunity in lieu of a null wand.  If nothing else, the ability to do something other than attack gives the hatchling an ability to survive long enough to at least block a stronger opponent.

The one place I disagree with BourkeStreet is on working in some magestorm elements to give the deck more options.  The deck definitely has vulnerabilities.  For instance, an early use of forest canopy will almost certainly defeat it.  But I think the deck has merit against a wide range of possible opposing decks.  This deck cannot be the core of your arsenal -- it is easily defeated if an opponent is prepared for it.  But I do believe it can give many decks a great deal of trouble.  And I think any attempt to add magestorm elements will dilute the speed of the deck to the point where the quick aspect no longer works.  The new deck might be very fine, but it will no longer be a "quick" deck; it will be a magestorm deck.

Re: Quick deck

Hellspawn_destroyer
Ok so I did as Bourke had instructed, works great I can defeat him with it, but I replaced the 2 spell nets with 2 brainstorm, and I now i have 3 powerdives, there is no more fire in this deck. This deck is pretty fast in Pvp except I run out of cards to much lol

Re: Quick deck

Quintivarium
I think you've already gained all significant improvements to the deck, but there are some interesting things you might want to try.  They will add some variety, but I wouldn't expect them to significantly change the deck performance.

1.  If you run out of cards, more brainstorm is a reasonable solution.  Otherwise think about finding places in play where a deck tap is worth more than playing a second minion.

2.  With no fire, you can consider other factions.  For example, jungle (which I used in my deck) offers razorsaurs (which work nicely after lightning elementals), and dactyl hatchlings (which I used instead of silverhawks to eliminate need for items in discard).  Forest is interesting for its strength 3 giant owls, evasive dragonflies, and deepwood fey (that are not immune to power dive).

Re: Quick deck

Hellspawn_destroyer
I hve yet to consider another faction as Iv yet to know which is best suited, so ATM it's all air. I don't know the other factions well enough, so it's still a little confusing

Re: Quick deck

Quintivarium
I wouldn't buy a new faction just to vary this deck; it really is about as strong as it would ever be.  You are better served spending gold to build another deck.

Re: Quick deck

Hellspawn_destroyer
Trying to build a Mage deck now

Re: Quick deck

BourkeStreet
Quintivarium wrote
The one place I disagree with BourkeStreet is on working in some magestorm elements to give the deck more options.  The deck definitely has vulnerabilities.  For instance, an early use of forest canopy will almost certainly defeat it.  But I think the deck has merit against a wide range of possible opposing decks.  This deck cannot be the core of your arsenal -- it is easily defeated if an opponent is prepared for it.  But I do believe it can give many decks a great deal of trouble.  And I think any attempt to add magestorm elements will dilute the speed of the deck to the point where the quick aspect no longer works.  The new deck might be very fine, but it will no longer be a "quick" deck; it will be a magestorm deck.
Yeah this is true, I ended up with two separate decks. I finally had some time a couple of weeks back to thoroughly look into this. I haven't had much time lately to reply to this thread. You could deal with Forest Canopy by investing in Blown Away. I've made essentially the quickest deck I can possibly make. I added in Spell Storm elements and I ended up with a separate Spell Storm deck. Both decks are good and will quickly crush an unprepared opponent in a few turns. But they do both have weaknesses. The vulnerabilities are too much of a risk to my personal liking when compared to my main decks so I wouldn't use these decks if I was playing seriously. However part of winning comes down to luck in what deck strategy a player chooses to play against another. Both these decks could beat my main decks especially if I have an unfavourable draw because the quick deck cuts down on HP very quickly before I can build up my strategy; and casting Spell Storm with full stalemated lanes drops opponents.

The last time I lost a game playing with a main deck was against Hellspawn on the 5th who used his improved Quick deck and got two wins in a row against two of my main decks. He's the only one who got actual wins on me in a long while so... in my opinion: Quick decks are pretty dangerous.

Re: Quick deck

Hellspawn_destroyer
Yes but without your help improving that deck I'd never had those wins