Rampage card

oneil_jo
I've a got a question about the rules involving the jungle card "Rampage". The card says "destroy" and not "destroy in combat" however, when you use for example Jungle Dragon to "destroy" the opposing minion (the word destroy is actually used for Jungle Dragon), it doesn't get +1/+1 when Rampage is on its path. Same thing with minions inflicting damage such as Deepwood Ash or Mantid, etc. They don't get +1/+1 even if that damage destroys the opposing minion.
Is there a rule I don't understand or is this and issue with the wording?

Re: Rampage card

Quintivarium
I would guess it to be an issue of wording.  The use is consistent with other cards like dark fey, and I think rampage would be over powered with the broader interpretation you suggest.  But only the goblins can answer with authority.

Re: Rampage card

oneil_jo
If I'm not mistaken, dark fey actually says "destroy in combat" and same for cinderlings. Another card that says "destroy" is Necropolis but I've never noticed if it gets +1 strength if minions are detroyed with out of combat damage.
No big deal... Just a precision in case I had missed a rule...

Re: Rampage card

oneil_jo
Another specific situation about Rampage that I don't understand. When it is placed behind Ant Swarm, I would have thought that when Ant Swarm destroys the opposing minion in combat, it would get +2/+2 (from Ant Swarm's ability + Rampage) but it doesn't...

Re: Rampage card

markturnergoblin
It sounds like rampage has a bug there, I think if there are 2 effects going off at once sometimes it is not activating properly. I will add that to the list of things to check.