Re: FAQ

.Confused.
Goblins, please answer these:

1- How, exactly, does the "beginning of turn" sequence is processed? I think it's: top row (minions/barriers), left to right; lower row (auras/items), left to right. Is this correct? And then the AI resolves its cards facing "it", or facing the player: my left, or its left? my screen's top row, or "its screen's" top row?
For example, a 4/1 pyrohydra and a burning world on my side would resolve: Pyrohydra +1\+1, Burning World 1 damage; hydra is 5/1 after the sequence.

2- What determines how much gold we get after a game, between 7 & 9 vs AI, 12 & 14 in PVP? There seems to be a 2 gold bonus sometimes, but what's the rule?

3- Will we get an "arts gallery" for the gorgeous levelling-up screens? Mark put efforts into these, it shows! I'd like to see them more than 15 seconds :)

4- Is there the possibility to get a "someone is looking for a game" warning from the game centre? Would allow me to continue the campaign, but rush to the PVP when this warning pops up.

The more I play, the more I appreciate the balance of the game. Very, very good job for the game design!
Cheers,

Re: FAQ

SteveGoblin
(moved the post to this new thread)

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments. They keep us going!

Good questions. I will answer two of them, and leave Mike to answer the other two.

(2) You get bonus gold for each Power Card the AI used too.  And also it is randomised just a little.

(3) We currently have some wallpapers, as you know, on this site. But not those. They are more of a little visual treat for winning with a certain faction.

Re: FAQ

1. Correct. Left to right, from player perspective in all cases.

4. This is something we would love to do and have been looking at options along those lines.
An upcoming future version will have a general "chat" area that will make it easier to arrange games too :)

Glad you like the balance - it was a primary design goal that Steve expressed when he designed the game and he and Mark dedicate a LOT of attention to making sure there will never be "one deck/combo to beat them all".

Re: FAQ

Here's a new leveling up screen thats in the new version soon.
Versus the AI you get 7 gold plus 2 gold per power card he has in play.

Re: FAQ

.Confused.
Just a thank you note.

The offerings of beer and gin will have to wait 'till I swim to your island-across-Atlantis...
or I'll put money in the game again, so you can buy your own! Sounds easier anyway ;)

Cheers,

Re: FAQ

Valentino
what about a text below the level up screen such as "did you know...?"

we could use it for tips and tricks.

Re: FAQ

.Confused.
Never - NEVER - delete the app!
Even if it seems like a good idea at the time, don't do it.

I took a lot of time from the Goblin Mike in order to fix that and I owe him a lot of drinks!
Don't do it. Nope. Don't.

Don't even think about it. Close your eyes, meditate it out of your being's fibres. Right there. OK. Forgotten.

Re: FAQ

.Confused.
OK, so I am technologically impaired, right? I feel much more at ease with a good old book than with this ipad gizmo. But I think I just levelled-up in the wrong direction.

 Go figure. I must be confused most of my life.

My Game Centre notifications were off, in the general settings.

Yup, that's right. I had a few of you test why I don't get invites. And, well, code 16.
The problem was 16 inches in front of the screen. I feel like such a dummy.

So... Good news everybody, I'll get your invites, now!

... i hope.

.Confused.

... my mom must be so proud of me ...

Re: FAQ

3 questions, Goblins three,

Mark: Is it possible to have a high definition of this picture above (6 factions), maybe in the wallpaper section? Once on my desktop, this one is slightly blurry.

Curiosity: as I progress in the campaing, is it possible that the victory images are more complex? That's sweet! The art is superb!

Mike or Steve: My wife got addicted (hurray!), but we have only one device, this ipad 2. Is there a way to have two profiles on a single device, so she can start her own campaign and build her own decks? Right now she uses mine and there is no necessity for her to improve her skills at deckbuilding. Necessity = action.

Ok, bonus question: would it be possible to have the deck "spellbook" images represent both colours of that deck? Right now, it only shows the major faction and having the second one would entice me to even more diversity. I.e. "i don't have an underground/air deck... how do I make this combo work?"

I don't expect all of this to be feasible, thanks for taking the time to read!

Re: FAQ

SteveGoblin
To answer your last question first, "no".
It would involve too many images when we reach our intended 12 factions. That is a LOT of combinations!

Re: FAQ

Hey Confused,

Great questions, and I think you might be the first to want two players on the same device, which is great because we did design in (limited!) support for that! :)

However there are some notes here:
a. Spellcraft treats Game Center players as separate.
b. Any new Game Center player adopts the data from the "Logged Out Player", so if you played it whilst logged out of Game Center, that data will appear for a new player.
c. This hasn't had a lot of attention from us in terms of verification.

So the approach in your case is:

1. Close Spellcraft completely (ie remove it from the background too, iOS 7 double tap Home and then swipe up on Spellcraft).
2. Open Game Center and log out.
3. Create a new Game Center player (or login with wife's account).
4. Launch Spellcraft.

You now have a different Spellcraft user in action. To get back to your player, follow the same steps 1-4 but login with your Game Center account.

However since it has been such a long time since we looked at this, please do BACKUP your data first so you can easily get back to it if you need to :)

Re: FAQ

I will send you a better copy of that picture for your ipad.
I think it is possible for your wife to have her own account.You just need to sign out of gamecentre and then she signs into to her gamecentre account.So you can have 2 accounts on the same device.

We did think about showing the 2 factions on the books.Another idea would to have a small gem on the book for the secondary colour.

There is another victory page at higher levels.I will add some different ones when I have time I expect.

Re: FAQ

.Confused.
Goblins Three,

I must underline that you offer the best support I have ever experienced! I am all over the game since a month and now have a roster of 30 game centre contacts with whom I play regularly. For the price of a round of pints, I think this is one of the best investment cash/playtime I have ever made; and I own over fifty boardgames!

Merci beaucoup,

.Confused.