Reward for Winning Big

Dorion
Hello,

Don't, know if this idea has been discussed before; however, I didn't see it on the forums.  If I missed it I apologize.

While playing against the AI I often find myself making some different moves toward the end of the game to win bigger.  Sometimes instead of just hitting the attack button that one last time when I see an obvious win I will make some moves that will damage the opponent even greater.  Instead of the opponent ending with 0 or -1 life, I may make a move to increase it to -5, -6, or more. Or when I'm confident I going to win I start taking some extra risks to see if I can win even bigger. I find this challenging rewarding in my gameplay.

Has anyone discussed extra rewards for bigger wins?  For example, if you win by -5 adding an extra gold? -10 maybe adding a couple extra gold?  The most I've won by so far that I remember is -18.

I think a reward would provide an extra dimension to game play and some extra motivation/incentive to revamp some gameplay strategy and decks to achieve certain goals.  In a way its almost like a mission.  I know on some maps/scenarios I'm just happy to win, but on others, I like to see how far I can push it. There is also some risk involved in changing tactics a bit to snatch that bigger win.  Would be great to provide a little extra reward for overcoming the extra risk.

Never played p2p to not sure how something like this would work out there, but against AI I could definitely see it add some variety and excitement to gameplay!

Any thoughts?

Re: Reward for Winning Big

Quintivarium
There is an achievement awarded for driving an opponent below negative ten.  Otherwise I don't think the idea has arisen.

There are several interesting challenges one can try.  I once wanted to see how strong an enemy I could endure and still win the match.  Against one of the AI wolf decks, the computer got something like 18 strength and 14 strength before I ran out of plays to keep the game from ending.

I like that the achievements provide ideas and incentives for this type challenge.

On the other hand, I don't think a bonus for this type thing in PvP is appropriate.  I think most players would prefer to receive a merciful kill.

Re: Reward for Winning Big

SteveGoblin
Pretty much what Quint has hinted at. We considered this question long ago, but think it wouldn't be fun if your opponent played some kind of horrid stalling game, just to ensure he hit you with a barrage of maximum carnage to get more gold from your burning remains...

Re: Reward for Winning Big

Dorion
Agreed that it probably would be to fun for p2p as "piling on" probably wouldn't be that fun....But who wouldn't like to pound the AI into the ground :)  Most enjoyable!