Spellcraft fiction

SteveGoblin
Since the beginning of the design of Spellcraft, I had in mind a backstory that helped to form the various factions, characters and monsters of the world.

I am thinking of releasing the story in parts on this website, if enough are interested. Let me know.

Steve @ ThreeGoblins

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Valentino
Please keep me involved. In the characters or monsters - at your choice ;)

Re: Spellcraft fiction

I would love to read the backstory.  I think this gives the game a new dimension and strongly support your idea.  Maybe it can generate some fan fiction too.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
Mike will be aware that he ran this past me a few weeks ago when I'd just started.
I was, and am, all for it but I know there are constraints on how much time you can devote to this.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Well, that's good to hear. I will make a new page, accessible from our website, and try and publish a chapter when I can.

I will upload the first one very soon, which actually explains the game's subtitle Descent Into Chaos...

Edit: Done it, you should see a "Fiction" link in the menu bar at the very top.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
Seen it, read it.

Beware the sign of the Eight!

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Valentino
I think it would be very cool if fiction could announce upgrades with all the modifications to the game. I am aware that would not be that easy to be done.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

More soon

Re: Spellcraft fiction

SteveGoblin
Chapters One to Four now uploaded, where we see a little more about Caldera in the burning lands, and also Tritonia.

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Quintivarium
It is almost as hard to wait for the next chapter as it is to wait for the next faction to be released :)

Re: Spellcraft fiction

SteveGoblin
Next mini-chapter is there, where we go into the undead lands.....

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Molotch
Just checking you're alright Steve?
Didn't know whether you may have been "Taken Under" by the dangers of writing the Chaotic Chapter 8!

Re: Spellcraft fiction

Haha yes I am fine. But in the middle of a 5000-word essay at the moment.

Edit:  Uploaded more. A quite destructive episode...

Re: Spellcraft fiction

SteveGoblin
Uploaded some more.