Stuck

12

Stuck

jackson992
Currently at level 27 but cannot seem to get a win. I either encounter creatures I cannot kill (power 5 health 6) or the computer has 4  of those cards that limit power in play

Re: Stuck

markturnergoblin
Are you attacking all the 21 different regions? There should be some easier ones in there somewhere. It may be a good idea to post your deck here so people can make some suggestions on how to improve it to take on the AI.

Re: Stuck

jackson992
Finally made some progress. I wish there was an easy way to post the deck?

Re: Stuck

Quintivarium
I find the best way, at least as a reader, is to simply list cards and numbers, e. g.

3 albino cave slugs
4 dream feeders
1 deeper darkness
4 cave-in
etc.

Some people have taken pictures of the deck building screen (I think you simultaneausly press the power and the menu buttons to do this.)  Then they post or attach the picture.  I find those decks very hard to see clearly enough.

One other thing that would help is to know the regions you have available and the deck number you are currently on (rather than your level).  When you play an AI game, there is a very small label at the top.  It will say something like kracken's reach 12.  The 12 is the number I need.  Unfortunately, if the deck number is less than about 8 or 9, I will not be able to encounter it myself; I will need to ask you why it is tough.

Regarding the deck with 5/6 ravagers you "cannot kill", my suggestion is to not worry about killing them.  They carry the huge disadvantage of killing other friendly minions.  I suggest simplying tying them up with cheap barriers or combat immune creatures while winning on other lanes.  If you have the swamp card, bodyswap, you can use it to turn the tables on that strength 5.  If you absolutely must destroy the ravager, try fire's implode spell, or a combination of firebirds/living bomb, uncontinue (air) with any timer inflicting card such as decay (swamp), or nobbling trickster (forest) with any card that can inflict 1 damage.  Another way to handle ravagers is to systematically reduce their strength with cards like sink (ocean) and aqualid hunter (also ocean).  The AI does not tend to replace weakened but expensive cards, so blocked strength 2 or 3 ravager stick around to plague the AI.

Psychic vortex, the card that reduces power, also reduces the AI's power.  Handle it with a deck that contains a good balance of low cost cards, and try not to fall behind the AI in board position.  If you prefer, there are aura removal cards like natural order (forest) or calm seas (ocean).  Uncontinue (swamp) will also work.

There are some extremely difficult AI decks (one with both medusa touch reducing one minion to one health and vampire touch draining one life from a minion comes to mind).  I would simply pick a different region to attack in these cases.

Re: Stuck

jackson992
Thx my phone is charging now but when it is done I will go and see if I have the cards you mentioned yet.   I have been trying to avoid making decks lately with creatures of less than 3 strength to counteract all the cards out there that do damage to 1 or 2 health creatures

Re: Stuck

Quintivarium
I recommend a good balance of high strength and lower cost minions in a deck.  There are a lot of very useful and powerful minions of srrength 1 or 2.  Tell me the faction(s) you prefer, and I can make suggestions.

Re: Stuck

jackson992
I usually win the most with red or greeen but I have been testing all the colors

Re: Stuck

jackson992
Found a couple of them anyway. Most of them I don't have yet LOL

Re: Stuck

Quintivarium
One important piece of advice: the AI starts to get very tough unless you have a good deck.  It is critical that you focus enough on one faction that you can beat tough AI levels with the cards you own.  If you diversify too much early in the campaign, you could get truly stuck.

    I will assume you primarily have fire and forest (jungle is also green), but it would help to know what AI deck numbers you are facing (I have posted a table of info on AI decks;  it is old enough things could have changed but you will find it a few pages back in this forum).

Re: Stuck

jackson992
I am seeing either 8 or 9 on most of the decks I play. I usually use primarily one color. Just started using an ocean deck although I know it is harder faction to play. I am 1/0 so far tho:)

Re: Stuck

Quintivarium
Actually, ocean is a very powerful faction -- and not really hard to play.  It has a lot of flexibility.  If you continue to feel stuck, let me know what you have for cards/deck and I'll try to help out.  Most of the regions at deck number 9 are still not that bad.

Re: Stuck

jackson992
thx the ones I struggle on the most are when they have barriers attack and the one where strength and health are reversed

Re: Stuck

jackson992
A few things I noticed:

The computer can use as many copies of a card as it wants?

What the heck does Elusive do LOL

Re: Stuck

SteveGoblin
The computer can use any number of copies, yes.

You can drag a card with Elusive to another slot, to escape or perhaps to find an opening elsewhere.
Also a card with Elusive can be dragged onto another with Elusive, and they swap places.

Re: Stuck

jackson992
ok I wondered how they kept moving LOL

On a side note I absolutely can rarely win with an all Air deck

Ps Having nightmares against this card that removes creatures special abilities

Re: Stuck

Quintivarium
Air is tricky, but can be very powerful.  I do think it is best to combine it with a second faction.  While this is true of most factions, I think it is especially true of air which lacks initially powerful minions.

Some highly effective decks using air include:
1  A blitz deck: use quick creatures + power dive to kill an opponent before they get established.  Works best with cards like overload or drums of war (jungle) that increase damage on attacks and on power dive.
2.  An energize deck.  Use energize and overworld elixir (and usually power generating cards) to give creatures with nasty abilities an extra actions.  Works best with ocean creatures like aquamancer and volta, but can also be effective granting deepsea things or razor sharks an attack on the turn they are played -- before an opponent blocks them.
3.  A mage deck.  Use arch mage + spells to eliminate dangerous minions.  There are two versions: one relies heavily on mage/ mancers and spellstrom for a lot of damage, the other on creature damage from either arch mages or sky hydras.  The second version really benefits from cards like astral armour and sink (ocean) to protect the fragile but critical archmages.  And both versions require cards to speed access to cards in the deck (spell book, brainstorm, sunken treasure from ocean, fluidity from ocean, etc.)
4.  An overload deck.  Use overload to quickly increase minion strength.  Works especially well with doom clouds and whirling djinn which already have timers, or with sky hydras as the hydra immediately grows from strength 2 to strength 5.  Combine with aetherfish to remove imposed timers.

5.  An uncontinue deck.  Take cards like chronomancers or swamp faction's decay or festerplague to impose timers on enemies, then use uncontinue to eliminate those enemies.  You really do need the swamp cards as it is hard to keep chronomancers alive.  And use uncontinue on the creature in front of a time eater to kill multiple creatures with timers.

6.  An immunity deck.  Use air's good magic immune creatures, astral armour to grant immunity to other key creatures, and combine with mass removal spells like catastrophe (fire) or crushing waves (ocean).  Crushing waves may also requre gravity well or giant voltas (ocean) to make enemies health low enough to trigger destruction.  And be aware that magic immunity does not apply to auras; do not expect protection, for instance, from fire's burning world.

7.  Tornado deck.  Use tornados with quick creatures and creatures like blessed unicorns (forest) whose power you might want to repeatedly invoke.  These decks can be very good, but they tend to be slow and need careful design to defend and quickly draw critical cards.
8.  Timer extension decks.  Chronochime is wonderful to extend the duration of powerful auras like underworld's burrowing under and safehole or swamp's huge.  Aetherfish work well to remove timers from cards like overload or underworld's delusion spell.  Be careful to combine timer extension with some strategy that gives means to inflict life damage on your opponent.

Re: Stuck

There are two cards that remove creature powers: under world's minion, primal ooze, and ocean's liquefy spell.

Use primal ooze to your advantage by playing creatures with undesirable specials opposite.  The unpleasant trait will also be removed.  Examples of such creatures include fire's magma sphere and molten golem, ocean's dragonfish, and jungle's ravager.

Otherwise, the best defence against both cards is a good balance of cards.  Include cards with abilities that trigger when played and cards that are brutish even without special powers.

Cards like time loop (air), tornado (air) or back to the depths (ocean) can be used to undo negative imposed traits or at least allow the creature to be replayed.

Re: Stuck

jackson992
Yep Primeval Ooze is the one giving me grief LOL. I do have one each of Tornado and Time Loop so I can give that a go as well.

Re: Stuck

jackson992
Current Deck:

1 Giant Constricter
3 Ravagers
1 Jungle Troll
1 Savage Riders
3 Angry Hornets
2 Hungry Croc
2 Savage Blood-Drink
3 Toxipede
1 Colossal Egg
2 Razorweed
3 Savage Spite
2 Ferocity
2 Huge
1 Pack Attack
1 Rampage
4 Drums of War
4 Ambush
1 Essence Jar
3 Smash

Re: Stuck

jackson992
wow just got absolutely slaughtered by an opponent that had at least 3 Arch Mages. I have none of these yet.
12