Tactics

.Confused.
Please use this post to lay down a few of your tricks, so everyone can benefit and newcomers to the game can give us better competition, faster! They'll get hooked, we get to have more people in PVP!

Cheers,

Confused

Re: Tactics

.Confused.
Valentino asked me the composition of my discard deck, dubbed "No hand". It's far from perfect, but hey, just give me gold to improve it!

2 Ancient ghosts
3 Bone dragons
2 Eternal knights
2 Undead giants
1 Vampire consort
4 Screaming skulls
4 Horrify
4 Miasma
3 Accursed
3 Captured souls
4 Underdark worms
2 Dreamfeeders
1 Darkling slaver
4 Taken under
1 Mind transfer

That's it!
Have fun,

Re: Tactics

.Confused.
Oh yeah and in green, Nobbling tricksters and Hunt are a nice combo.

Re: Tactics

I am not a big fan of decks which do not have 4 cards per each card type.

If you structure a deck with less than 4 cards per card type you increase its flexibleness but the chance to have the combos decreases.

base deck:

4x ancient ghosts - 5
4x bone dragons - 5
4x screaming skulls - 3
4x horrify - 2
4x miasma - 2
4x accursed - 3
4x dreamfeeder - 2
4x taken under - 4
4x mind transformer - 3
4x lost - 3

The cards which do not match well together are:
Ancient ghost with taken under/lost
taken under with anything else due to the casting cost

Bodyswap can be useful if opponent tries to stop the screaming skull with a stronger minion.

If you just put in game the screaming skull the opponent will focus on it. A Blood vapour could be also useful to distract your opponent - you need to make him lose focus with another card played in the same turn!

Re: Tactics

.Confused.
I saw only Le Chat Curieux who succeeded in the Body Snatcher achievement.
Tell me how you did!!!
Can you discard minions too, or they have to die, or at least pass through the play area?
Thanks

Re: Tactics

Valentino
Body snatcher is a powerful creature but cannot be used as opening. It fits in decks with minions having high power/health.

You have both the options to cast other minions first or put minions in your discard pile.
If you choose the first option you must choose a limited number of body snatchers unless the deck is based on the strategy of destroying all creatures/sacrificing your creatures.
If you choose the second option you must find a way to draw more cards than the ones you play. Cards which make you draw other cards are useful in thus as well as high cost cards.

It is also worth to say that this card considers only power / health of other minions therefore you can choose minions with penalities such as time counters to have bigger creatures with the same casting cost just to inflate more the body snatchers.

At last please note that you can discard first due to the excess of cards and then play the body snatcher.

Body Snatcher Achievement

Lechatcurieux
Hi Confused,

Ok so for some of the achievements I found I had to create a special deck, often they are then COMPLETELY useless in a real game.  The body snatcher would have been something like this....

Basically the way to nibble away at the opponents health is using heatseekers, and lava giants (preferably with rooted behind them). Then each turn either lay small cards in every spare space and wait for them to be killed, or just discard them.

Don't have any gaps, fill them with defence barriers or little cards and patiently wait for the splat splat splat each turn while your lava giants throw rocks.

Post a picture of your deck when you get the achievement x

Re: Body Snatcher Achievement

Lechatcurieux
PS for anyone else confused, Body Snatcher is an achievement where you have to win a game with 20 minions in your discard pile.  I had to look it up from the home page.

Actually, it doesn't even say you have to win the game, it just says "you have 20 minions in your discard pile".....so maybe you can just throw them all away and not bother playing the game to win?

Re: Body Snatcher Achievement

Good point - if it is the latter we should change it so you have to win too :)

Re: Body Snatcher Achievement

Ops,

that's why I CONFUSED the Body Snatcher with another card!

Re: Body Snatcher Achievement

.Confused.
Sorry for all the confusion... i do that at times!

Merci, Chat Curieux. That is the one achievement that is really giving me trouble. The others were fairly easy with, as you mention, specifically designed decks.

Goblins Three, hear me please! I like these achievements (tap the crown on the settings page) and would love to get more of these challenges! Changes from the routine ;)

Re: Body Snatcher Achievement

We hear you :)

Actually if you all have ideas for achievements that you think would require a great deal of cunning and skill to achieve, it would be great to hear them.

We've almost run out of "points" on Game Center for new achievements so making the last few particularly challenging would be nice.

Re: Body Snatcher Achievement

Lechatcurieux
Valentino I think you got confused with Darkling slaver, the 5 point purple card that makes the opponent minion join your side. I thought the same.

What about an achievement with an all female deck. Or all animals. Or beat the AI 20 times in a row. Or the old classic, pay real money to buy cards. Win 20 games 20-0.

Re: Achievements

Goblins Three, let's have some suggestions!

[removed text, became irrelevant]

I'll actually suggest some achievements, after all this. I like the feminist deck idea; would add dragons deck (since they are split amongst factions, may be: finish with 5 dragons in play), number of opposing minions killed, finish opponent before 10 turns, no damage to minions, have opponent trigger 15 traps...

Hope some will make the short list!

Back to tactics!

Hey Chat Curieux, please explain what Bourke Street mentioned of your tournament games. If lavapults & darkling slavers are one combo, how does it benefit you to hurt the minion you'll take to your side? Or do you use lavapult to protect the lane after taking a slave to your side?

I suspect it's actually 2 combos, one with lavapult, the other with the slavers. Well, then, what are these two combos? I'm interested!

.C.

Re: Back to tactics!

Lechatcurieux
To be honest I think he was just being kind as i really did have a terrible run. And you are right, it was two different combos. I did use the same darkling slaver to steal some of his forces when I was drawing no minions.  I had a few sea dragons who bring a spell back from your discard pile, so the same slaver was used a few times.

The lavapaults are good behind a siren. She can hold the defence while they eat away at the opponent, then once her path is clear she can drag something else across and open up a gap for you.

Unfortunately for me he managed to lay his pyrohydras down early in the games, so the lavapaults just fuelled their wrath.

Re: Achievements

Alas, Apple forbids alteration of achievements once they are live. Or, yes, I would replace many in hindsight.
We did it that way to allow players to win lots of free gold.

Re: Back to tactics!

I can't wait to have a few sirens from the boosters, I had thought of this combo!

You are very kind to share, milady, I'd encourage more of the "heavy weights" to do so!

Re: Body Snatcher Achievement

Quintavarium
I have two suggestions for accomplishments:
  1.  Win with a deck containing no cards costing 3 or more manna to play.
  2.  Win while inflicting at least 20 damage to an opponent from sources other than minions.

Re: Tactics

D3v222
I found that you can in fact "defend" (ie absorb a blow) with a minion that has quick. The problem you need to get around is that when your quick minion attacks the stronger minion, it dies. Leaving you open to take damage on opponents turn. If you place it AFTER your other minions attack he stays alive and well to save you from a potential killing blow.

In hindsight, it seems obvious. Maybe others overlooked this as well.... Who knows.