Thanks for a great game!

Dorion
Just found this game on the I-Pad about a week ago.  Have been playing it everyday since.  Was delighted to find this website with the developers talking directly to the players.  I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know I'm really pleased and excited about the game you created.  I don't play card games so I was happy to find this one so much fun.  I have to tell you that after enjoying it so much I decided to check out some other card games as well.  You can probably guess which other ones I looked at since they are the 800 pound gorilla's on the block.  Well after downloading the hottest one, I found Spellcraft to be the superior game in my eyes.  Here is a short list of what I enjoy about your game:

1. Gameplay - Simple, addictive and rolls at a nice cadence.  You found the right balance (for me at least)
2. Artwork - Looks fabulous
3. Strategy - The 5 lanes add a depth of strategy I did not find in the other game.  Its like 5 separate battles going on at the same time.
4. Variety - There are plenty of cards and combinations to keep me busy!
5. Money - I'm glad to see  you can progress in the game without spending copious amounts of cash!  Its not a suck-them-dry money grab.  Although I realize these games exist so the developers can make money, (which I agree with, after-all I personally believe in capitalism), I don't get the sense that you are putting out an inferior product for a money-grab.  I get the sense that  you are putting out a superior product, realizing that if its a good game the money will naturally follow.  Even though I was happy with the pace I was proceeding at without spending any money, I purchased gold as my way of saying thanks for a good game, please continue what you are doing!  I will spend more as the game grows and develops.
6.  Music sets the perfect atmosphere.
7.  Accessibility - I like how I can purchase almost any card outright even if its rare without purchasing tons of packs/repeats to get them.

I don't know if your interested in this kind of feedback, but a couple of things I think would improve the game:
1. Animations - After downloading the "other" game, the animations of Spellcraft seem a bit bland in comparison.
2. Music - Seems to repeat to often.  I really like the music.  If more could be added I think that would be really cool.
3.  Depending on the faction you choose to play against, it would be neat to see a different game board background.

I have only played the AI thus far because I'm still learning; so I have no comments about multiplayer.  You guys also owe me some sleep as I have lost a lot of it playing this game :)

Thanks for a great game and keep it up!

Re: Thanks for a great game!

Thanks for the great feedback Dorion, really appreciated!

On your improvements - we'd like to do all of those too :)

And thanks too for buying some gold, you have guessed right that we aim to make the best game we possibly can and hope that some money arrives as a result :)

(as opposed to some games companies now that employ more psychologists than creatives - so that they can try to maximise the amount players spend).

Re: Thanks for a great game!

Thanks Dorian. It's players like you that give us the incentive to keep making the game better

Regarding your comments

1. Animations - After downloading the "other" game, the animations of Spellcraft seem a bit bland in comparison.
Yes, those big companies have a bunch of animators. Unfortunately we really are just 3. However with each new faction there will be more and more animations. For example, the Ice ones are looking very nice.

2. Music - Seems to repeat to often.  I really like the music.  If more could be added I think that would be really cool.
We basically add one new tune per faction. So it will eventually grow longer.

3.  Depending on the faction you choose to play against, it would be neat to see a different game board background.
Yes, I agree, and it is something I have been thinking about.

Thanks again, and dare to press the 2-P button....there might be a Goblin waiting on the other end....

Steve

Re: Thanks for a great game!

caenel
Hi Goblins,

I just wanted to voice in here. I am also a brand new player (playing for maybe 2 weeks). I really like this game and the options it gives me. I also really like the fact that there is no pressure to play each day. You can play at your own pace (which, for a working man with kids, is a great thing you don't see in too many card games (and I have already played a lot of them)). Same as the topic starter, I also bought some gold after realizing this was a great game to support you guys (because you can get by very well without buying gold, another plus).

I only have a small issue at the moment with 2P games. I queue myself for a 2P and then, after a while, I get this ugly time-out error message on my phone. Is this because there is no opponent available at that time? Because I had it three times in a row yesterday evening and then just gave up on 2P games.

I would also like to coin in with a feature request that I think might be very handy: As I think that there is no reason to keep cards past the 4 off count, you would always want to sell the extra copies. The problem is that when you buy a large card pack, you would have numerous extra duplicates of cards and then you have to sell them one by one, doing 3 "clicks" each. It would be great if there was an option to just click and sell all you +4 copies of your cards.

But again, thanks for the great game, looking forward to delving into the strategical aspects once my card pool is a bit bigger.

Re: Thanks for a great game!

SteveGoblin
Thank you for taking the time to comment. Always greatly appreciated.

" The problem is that when you buy a large card pack, you would have numerous extra duplicates of cards and then you have to sell them one by one, doing 3 "clicks" each. It would be great if there was an option to just click and sell all you +4 copies of your cards. "

This feature has been on my personal want list for ages. It would definitely be useful.

Re: Thanks for a great game!

Dorion
Mike and Steve, thanks for the replies.  You guys obviously care about your customers and am glad to see you dedicated to the game.  I see your commitment shine through in the great product you have produced!  I look forward to your improvements and appreciate the fact you consider and take suggestions seriously.  When I posted them, I figured you probably have already given those items consideration, but thought it would be helpful for you to hear them anyways, if for no other reason then to confirm you thoughts and desires for the future of the game.  I look forward to seeing you online when I start a pvp game.  Now....time to get some sleep at work so I can stay up and play the game all night :)

Re: Thanks for a great game!

Dedication to the cause!! :-D

Re: Thanks for a great game!

Moose
Just wanted to say that this is my favorite ccg.  The simplicity is the beauty.  Great work!

Re: Thanks for a great game!

pianotoad
I totally agree with the above!
I just found this game by accident in the appstore a few days ago. It really fascinates me, how versatile and strategic the gameplay is. I can't say I have much experience yet, but the different styles of each match thrills me.
I will definitely spend some Euros to honor your great work!

P.S.: The thing with "sell all +4 copies" would really be a handy feature!