The strongest faction in your opinion

Art
Just wonder what everyone think about in terms of the strongest faction and your favourite faction.

The strongest faction IMO is red because of all kinds of blow up tactics and useful minions, but my favourite is blue.  I guess because I got blue in my starter deck and like drawing lots of cards.

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

Mack the Knife
hmm, i don't play on line but do you multiplayer folks call factions by their color  or by their actual name?  so you say red not fire?  and blue not ocean?

anyway, i play single player and this is how it usually goes.  i start with a deck of 2 factions, usually underworld and swamp.  HOWEVER, if the AI beats me with ocean and forest i get re-interested in those factions and start playing them.  and on it goes, thus i don't have a specific favorite i play all the time but i'm hoping jungle will change that!

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

To me, this is an interesting (and difficult) question.  The three goblins have really balanced all the factions so far -- each has its strengths and its appeal.

Red has some very high threat creatures in pyrohydras, ruby dragons, and lava gianta.  It also has very good 2 and 3 cost minions.  And its direct damage dealing spells and auras are unmatched.

Green tends to be defensive.  It has, in my opinion, only two immediately threatening cards (forest dragon and deepwood ash -- wolf pack almost qualifies, but the limit of 4 to a deck significantly restrains wolves).  It has the best quick cards, but they are expensive and not easy to support -- at least with other green cards.  In head to head minion fights with other factions, green is very dependent upon auras to buff its creatures.  But green is very good at shutting down lanes and buffing health (both personal and minion).  I think it has some subtle potential, but I haven't worked with it as much as most other factions.

Blue is fun because it is amazingly versatile.  Virtually every minion carries some unique and significant special ability.  It can reduce the fiercest minion opponents to quivering blobs before they know what happened.  It also has four very dangerous big threats (dragonfish, deepsea thug, sea dragon, and razor sharks), with giant octopi and triton warmachines often potent as well.  With its power point generating objects, and creature moving capabilities, it covers almost every base.

Initially I loved purple (probably for its underdark worms -- a 4/4 creature that is common!)  With more play, I found its punch ran rather shallow -- deep spawn are very expensive to develop, and essence eaters and shadow dragons with the lower top tier creatures of other factions.  But lately, I've been drawn to purple again.  Like red, it has potent 2 and 3 cost creatures.  And it is better than any other faction at shutting down abilities and negating opponent strategies -- forcing opponents to be very cautious.  And it very much lends itself to unexpected gimmicks with which unprepared opponents may have trouble coping.

I initially disliked black -- so much of its strategy seemed to revolve around hurting oneself.  But it does have some excellent big minions (bone dragon, undead giant)  Ancient ghosts and blood vapours can become major threats as well.  Howling banchees and necromages can also demand special attention.  Situationally, I have found stitched golems to be devastating.  Complement these creatures with black's myriad of devastating spells, auras, and items (bodyswap, horrify, accursed, blood orb, etc) and the faction is very dangerous.

I have, and continue to struggle with white.  I have many ideas for decks, but I have yet to implement a successful one.  On the other hand, I have played completely overwhelming white decks, so I know it is a strong faction.  The lack of a strength 4 minion is a hinderance to large creature strategies.  But white can develop very quickly, and once developed, it shuts down opponents very well.  An archmage is almost impossible to stop with a minion, and barriers don't last long.  Magic immunity of white forces can thwart many direct approaches to coping with minions.  White also can make good use of direct damage spells and quick cards, and seems to work well with other factions.

In terms of strength, I rank them (from high to low) black, blue, red, purple, white, and green.

In terms of preference, I have an almost daily change.  That is the beauty of Spellcraft.

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

Diversity!

The game is so well balanced, I think each faction has a strength and a few "natural" faction allies. I am reading the forums and playing online mostly because it shows me how many different decks have different strengths & weaknesses. I even came to terms with aquamancers since people started using other tactics a few weeks back!

Diversity is beautiful. More factions, in the years to come (let's remember this is not a 12-months project, that the Goblins have enough in stores for a great while!), will only enhance my pleasure to play different combinations for different reasons.

Hope this is vague enough,

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

CLSMerc
I played 25 cards from nature faction and 15 from ocean up till I hit level 14 then grabbed some coins to start a new deck . I really like " Natural Order" , "Wild Strength" and " Wild Growth" from nature that ill play these all the time with whatever main deck I go with . I have just started messing around with swamp ( or undead as I call them ) and still combo them with Nature .

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

CLSMerc
Ive been seeing ( singleplayer here ) an Ocean AI play " Floods " and you have to get rid of that asap , hence the reason I like 4 Natural Order cards ( for those who don't know Nature deck that well , Natural Order removes a single chosen aura from play ).

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

Mack the Knife
@CLSMerc - don't mean to nitpick but you mentioned it twice.  by "Nature" faction do you mean Forest?  also (incorrectly) called green.

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

Valentino
In my opinion? Strongest factions are Red and Blue.

Check my videos for further details. It still hurts :-)

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

Jambo(75)
Fire to me seems to be strongest faction, with it's powerful creatures (Fire Giant, Ruby Dragon and Hydra) and its awesome assortment of direct damage spells. It certainly seems to be the most commonly played one online.

Ocean and Underground seem like good seconds.

My favourite faction, Air, is probably one of the weakest though it will be interesting to see how the changes in the recent update impact here.

Re: The strongest faction in your opinion

Ningimbly
Oh where to begin. I have been playing for two months now
I have definitely invested in spellcraft and have just about
One combo deck for each color combo. I won't give away to
Much of my deck ideas but I have a very nasty forest ocean
I call roll bounce hehe it's very fun and wins often
I also have a deck I call orb miner that uses blood orbs and kobo miners. I hear some groans on that one.
I also have a very nice air fire sky hydra pump I call it.
I would say there is no strongest faction. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Have u ever seen fire destroy an aura or aside from hunt has forest ever burned a creature?
Now air seems to be the strongest companion faction with spell book now throwing for zero and aeromancer and magic barrier. I suppose I will loosely call air the weakest faction. Number 2 weakest is forest which tends to stall a lot of the time though updated ant swarm my change that and did u guys see enchantesses boob job? Free cards
Going up the list is under which has the worm and some awesome utility is 2 best utility after ocean. Next I rank fire and I know many will disagree but I find fire minions to be expensive and have little longevity. Do like the dragon though. Next strongest is ocean there cheap and they all do something. My vote for strongest faction is swamp cheap minions great spells and combat immune unblockables. Blood orb bats ftw! Gg