Thoughts on 2.81 update:

Jambo(75)
Are, so far, very positive.

I have at least three Air decks and where these were simply very interesting 'tricksee' decks before the update, they now operate very well after the update:

1. Gravity Well just became playable, the main reason being the price drop to 3 from 4.  Four is nasty number for a card that doesn't put presence onto a lane, as more often than not it means you can't put active pressure on the board with a second card. At 3, there are now many options available as Air has many good 2 cost damage spells and it also has the now lower cost Mage Tower, which in turn means Gravity Well can be a good big creature counter, which presumably it was originally designed as. Moreover the timer increase means it lasts long enough to affect strategy without having to load your deck with 4. In the previous version it was just too expensive and more often than not it was advisable playing a creature rather than the Well.

2. Air Pressure is more of a presence with its slightly reduced timer. Previously most games ended before Air Pressure could impact and you might be advised to simply put in a Meteor instead of Air Pressure. I'm hoping that as a result of these two changes, there will just a little shift in the meta when dealing with Air.

3. Spell Storm - two words: watch out.  With many of the mancers and mage cards in your deck, including Towers, this will be a very cheap, high damage card.

4. The drop in cost of the Stormship is also very welcome and it now combines well with some of Air's cool 1 cost spells. Plus, this card is one of the best to combine with a Gravity Well deck. :)

I haven't explored the changes to the other factions yet, though I am particularly interested in the impact to Forest as like Air, many of its cheaper cards got boosted one way or another.

One card that still stands out as a 'what the...?' is the Undead Tritons. To me, faction specific effects are unreliable outside of the single player campaign, so I am curious as to why this card didn't see a boost in the update...? It's a cool idea, but there are many better 2 cost creatures in Swamp that will have a more reliable ability.

Re: Thoughts on 2.81 update:

SteveGoblin
Thanks for those comments.

Undead Triton will be getting completely new ability soon.

It didn't make it into the last update as there were sooo many small changes.