Under-utilized cards

Quintavarium
Because the last two updates involved numerous minor adjustments to better balance cards -- especially to make some cards more appealing to players, I thought it would be interesting to see whether players still find some cards to be (puting it unsubtly) almost useless.  So I would like to know what cards you rarely expect to see in use, and why.  Who knows, maybe some one can point out a value in the cards I overlook.

I will give my answer in a second post.

Re: Under-utilized cards

markturnergoblin
One thing I have noticed is that some cards can go untouched by players and then all of a sudden become really popular when a new combo is discovered. Also unsued cards  can see a revival when a new set comes out .

Re: Under-utilized cards

Quintavarium
By faction, the cards I am least inclined to use are:

Fire:
     ashes -- although of value against certain swamp decks, the use is really too specialized
                  for me to want it as a standard addition to my decks.  The discard pile would have to be
                  far more threatening for me to find a mechanism specific to handling it appealing.
     siege cannon -- I want to like this card.  In a way, it is an unlimited heat-seeker, but it is too slow
                  and too costly to have value in this way.  The damage to barriers also seems very slow,
                  and nearly all barriers have a relatively benign nature anyway.
Forest:
     chanting druid -- as a means of generating power, the card is too slow, too vulnerable.  And if
                  all I want is a sacrificial blocker, there are better alternatives.  It does work well with
                  bodyswap, but I would not choose a green/black deck simply for that combo.
     heart of the forest -- not enought healing potential to appeal.
Ocean:
     ocean mist -- too random.  Even with its limitations, I prefer the control of tide shift.
Underearth:
     essence exchange -- I've used this card, only to eventually replace it.  Troublesome auras other
                  than those of the forest faction (flood, whirlpool, burning world, vulcanic eruption, narrow
                  tunnels, mortality, etc.) continue to be problems on my side of the board.  And forest faction
                  rarely has trouble neutralizing the stolen aura, then replacing it for little cost more than I
                  spend stealing it.
Swamp:
     lich touch -- simply too expensive given the extent to which it usually harms me too.  Other spells
                  to deal with powerful minions (like body swap, darkling slavers, taken under, meteor) almost
                  always leave me better positioned than lich touch.
Air:
     stormship -- too little punch for too much cost.
     arcane thief -- rarely is there enough enemy unused power to be worth stealing, and when there is
                  unused power, it is usually because all lanes are jammed and there is no place for the thief.
                  Being quick, evasive, and cheap is nice, but cloud fey has these same characteristics with
                  a useful power.
     spell leech -- too vulnerable to really inhibit an opponent.
     gravity well -- I can't get this card to work well in any of the dozen or so decks where I tried it.  The
                  problem seems to be that it is too slow reducing strength of big minions, and many big
                  minions still have special powers that allow them to conquer the small minions this card
                  is designed to support.
     spell book -- too slow to bring spells, and then brings too many at once.

Re: Under-utilized cards

GreenMachine
I second liches touch. Too expensive for what it costs you.
Storm ship. It's not a bad card but does tend to get bumped for other useful cards.

Actually as a whole I find the air faction under utilized. Maybe as a second color but very hard to make it the main color.

Re: Under-utilized cards

SteveGoblin
A few of the cards you've mentioned we also find still don't get used as much.
So some of them will be getting a little help in the next release.

Nothing major, just changes to the  'numbers' on 7-8 cards.

Example: Gravity Well gets timer 20.