Unlocking Ice Faction

Koridar
I heard that the Ice Faction is in the Android version. I was just curious, what level do you have to be to unlock it? I just reached lvl 8 in the campaign, and wanted to know how much farther I had to go. I've searched through this forum, but can't seem to find any information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

SteveGoblin
Higher!

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

SteveGoblin
You will have to unlock Air and Jungle first.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Koridar
I pretty much figured that part out; Air unlocks at lvl 5, and Jungle unlocks at lvl 8, which I just reached yesterday. Also, logic would dictate that the factions unlock in the order that they were added. I was just curious as to what the target level was that I have to grind to, so I know whether to save some gold for Ice, or spend it all now and buy more later.

I was also wondering, does the Android version by chance have cross platform multiplayer with iOS? Everytime I go to multiplayer there are no games, and the chat is always empty. I wouldn't think that it would be, given that the Android version seems to be a bit different, such as having the Ice faction, but I still thought I'd ask.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Sean
Wait... Can we not get the Ice Faction on iOS?

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

SteveGoblin
It will be coming to iOS. It was just released on Android first.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

luis777garcia
I can see it in the test version for IOS. Its a powerful faction. A lot of changes! This is very exiting thanks.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Sorry goblins, but:

To give you a straight answer, Korigar, this game has been pretty much dead for 2 years on iOS. The goblins have sent some screenshots for ice back in August 2014, but devoted their efforts to Android. The PVP may be deserted (i don't know, i haven't been there for a long time; my wife plays sometimes, but not PVP) for that same reason.

The answer is usually: "Wait...." with a screenshot maybe.

So, you can do that also, and check this forum every 2 or 3 months, in hopes it comes back from the dead :/

.C.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Hey Confused, good to see you!

You're right, it has been a long painful slog. I have scars.

But the good news is that we're beta testing our iOS update right now, and it's looking good!
Let me know if you want to join in, would appreciate your expert feedback too!

It has been two years, but hey there are still people waiting for Jesus so we're not doing that bad at least ;)

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Hofstadter's Law states that "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law."

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Koridar wrote
I was also wondering, does the Android version by chance have cross platform multiplayer with iOS? Everytime I go to multiplayer there are no games, and the chat is always empty. I wouldn't think that it would be, given that the Android version seems to be a bit different, such as having the Ice faction, but I still thought I'd ask.
Cross-platform two-player is coming with the next iOS version!
It'll be great, Android vs iOS tournaments, except Android players will need some time to become expert first

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Koridar
Well, it appears to be a moot point now; ever since the last update I can no longer play the game; it says it needs to download 200mb of content, but it crashes afterwards. I am playing it on Android via emulation using Andy. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, to no avail. Which sucks because I had a fair amount of gold that I had purchased. I will probably try it on a different emulator and see if it works, but I'm not holding my breath.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Hey Koridar,

Sorry to hear about that problem!

Is the download part of the original installation process, or is this after it launches that you see it wanting to download 200Mb?

Do you ever get to the front screen? If you do, please send a Feedback from within the game as it might still have details that we can use to work out what happened.

There will be an update out later today as well, if you uninstall and then install the latest version, hopefully that will get you back in action.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Koridar
Just reinstalled it today, same problem; I click on the download button and the game kicks me out; it is after it launches that it asks me to download. It says made in Unity, then takes me to the title were it says it needs to download the additional content. I click, it says unfortunately, spellcraft has stopped.

Such a shame, I was really enjoying myself, I do hope something can be done to fix this problem!

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Koridar wrote
Such a shame, I was really enjoying myself, I do hope something can be done to fix this problem!
Thanks for the details there Koridar, very helpful!
So Spellcraft for some reason isn't finding the data file that should have been downloaded when it was installed, and so it tries to download it and fails.

I think the best thing is to uninstall it completely for now and then install the next version when that is released, if you email us at feedback@threegoblins.com I will let you know when it is available directly so you can try that.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

luis777garcia
I've been able to download the test versions without problems & im running an older iphone. The game is working okay.

The bug with freezing battles was there for one version but gone the next.

The one thing that is a bit annoying is discarding cards. It seems the discard section is too close to the end turn button and often times you have to try many times to discard.

You will lose all your cards temporarily while testing but still keep your level. It is super challenging to beat the computer with the new over exhaggerated high level decks but its part of the fun. Ice is incredible too really happy with the work the goblins are doing. Thanks.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

SteveGoblin
Yes I agree about the discard pile in later versions. I often find it hard to drop a card onto it.

Re: Unlocking Ice Faction

Koridar
Just reinstalled it today, and I am happy to report that the issue has been resolved.

I've gotten a small taste of Ice via the Lost Spellstone, and I look forward to the day I can wield them in full. I also look forward to the advent of the other factions; keep up the good work!