Upcoming minor card improvements

SteveGoblin
Minor card changes planned for next update. All are improvements to cards that are a little weak.

AIR
Arcane Thief   -1 cost -elusive
Archmage + Elusive
Blown Away  -1 cost
Silver Hawk  Improved bonus to +1/+1
Time Loop   -1 cost

FIRE
-

FOREST
Life force   -1 cost
Overgrown forest  +1 health
Reemergence   -1 cost
Wall webs   +1 health
Wild Strength -1 cost

JUNGLE
Backfire -1 cost
Blood Drinker +1 health
Cursed Idol -1 cost
Law of the Jungle -1 cost
Mortal Wound -1 cost
Rampage -1 cost
Razorweed +1 health
Smash After being triggered, also does 1 dmg to opponent
Sacrificial Blade    In addition, grants owner 1 health when used
Toxipede +1 health

OCEAN
Fluidity  +1 cost, gives you 1 extra card.

SWAMP
Heart of Darkness  -1 cost
Mortality  -1 cost

UNDERWORLD
Delusion -1 cost
Spore Farm -1 cost -1 health

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

Molotch
I don't own any of these cards and the requirement for updating may be why.
Time to take another look.
Many thanks Steve.

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

Most of these look like great changes, but I can’t resist commenting on a couple:

Archmage  + elusive.
However wise this change might be, I would not consider it a minor one!  Archmage now becomes a major strategic focus.  It is already dangerous with strength 3 (significant health loss if unopposed) and its special ability to damage opposing units whenever a friendly spell is cast.  But with elusive, archmages can flee a large number of situations that destroy or neutralize them.  In addition, they become a great “hunter” able to move to oppose – and destroy via their special ability – dangerous enemies.  Air faction may need this kind of card to help players see the faction’s potential, but it scares me – there’s a new boss in town.

Wild strength  -1 cost.
This might be just the boost to make forest an attractive faction.  The change in cost from 3 to 2 is huge – cost 3 cards essentially need to be strong enough to stand on their own – you cannot play two in the same turn, which necessitates either wasting power points or taking a number of low cost cards which can be played with the cost 3, or played with each other so playing a cost three card and drawing a card is worthwhile.  At cost 2, wild strength can be played to supplement a card like grizzlies – or to create overpowering forest dragons while the grizzlies stand on their own.

Mortal wound  -1 cost
Mortal wound seems the perfect finishing card for quick decks.  But the time required to draw and then to afford bringing it into play was usually just too long.  Cost 2 will help this immensely.  I would not be surprised to start seeing “mortal wound decks” soon.

In general, many of these changes address exactly the reason I don’t include the card in question – another example of the goblin’s excellent balancing ability.

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

Aside from archmage, I think these cards are pretty low profile -- which is probably why they were targeted for upgrades.

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

Quintivarium
It occurs to me that there may be a couple of unintended beneficiaries of these changes.  If archmages become the major threat I anticipate, and if they simply flee counter measures like underdark worms payed opposite, cards like flamespike able to destroy them outright become more valuable.  And as auras (wild strength, mortality, mortal wound, law of the jungle) become more attractive, the ability to summon auras to hand becomes more valuable -- faerie enchantress, your day is coming!

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

Valentino
I think that the archmage change puts at risk the Jungle Trap deck.

Time is coming to shuffle again my decks...

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

Valentino
Air is the most impacted faction in this upgrade.

It may pass unobserved but a Time Loop card with a 0 cost is a huge advantage in a quick deck, which also get the advantage from the hawk's extra bonus.

Round 1: Phantasma
Round 2: Underdark Worm
Round 3: Time loop on phantasma + Overload on phantasma + Dreamfeeder

At last it is also worth to mention the Heart of Darkness which opens new decks finally which were not that competitive so far.

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

Art
Nice changes!! lots of new possibilities for direct dmg decks.
Archmage is better!
overload time loop combo is going to be deadly!
cant wait to try them out,  when is the update?

Re: Upcoming minor card improvements

SteveGoblin
"Not too long," replied the goblin, with a hint of deliberate vagueness.