What happens when +/-1 health activates at the same time?

What happens when +/-1 health activates at the same time?

BiggBallze
So what the logic, or order of operations, when card simultaneously gains and loses life at the same time?

I didn't know what would happen when my one-health-point Triton Aquamancer stole the last health point from a Firebird, so I went for it.  The Aquamancer gained the one health point, but it immediately lost the point due to the death of the Firebird.  It was an unknown gamble I took at the time, and it ended up in my favor.  The Aquamancer survived with it's one heath point still in tact.

Fast forward a few games....

Triton Aquamancer with one health point steals the last health point from the opposing Berserk Djinn.  I assumed I would get the health point on my Aquamancer, and then the point would be taken away as it was with the Firebirds, but that was not the case.  The Djinn did the damage simultaneously, and the Aquamancer died along with the Djinn, never receiving the stolen health point.

So this brings up some questions...

What are the intended order of events? What SHOULD happen in this case?

Is actually correct in the way it stands? Does the Djinn just apply it's power first while the Firebird does not?

Can anyone think of other match-ups where this might happen?

Re: What happens when +/-1 health activates at the same time?

SteveGoblin
Thanks for this post.

Question for you : do you remember if the Aquamancer was directly in front of the Firebird and/or Berserk Djinn?

Thanks

Re: What happens when +/-1 health activates at the same time?

BiggBallze
Yes, directly in front of the Firebird.  For the Djinn it was to the side, but still in range.

Re: What happens when +/-1 health activates at the same time?

markturnergoblin
Do you remember if it was to the right of the djinn. I am wondering if the position may have something to do with it,as some of the process is done from left to right.

Re: What happens when +/-1 health activates at the same time?

Good question, I hesitated to find the result in game.  Thx for asking!

Ah, yes, I think from my point of view the Aquamancer was to the left of the Djinn.

Re: What happens when +/-1 health activates at the same time?

markturnergoblin
I will have to look into this some more. In general effects go from left to right,but I am not sure whats happened there.