Why are spellcraft dying?

Bluspell
Please don't let it die!

Re: Why are spellcraft dying?

Hi Bluespell,

We're still here!
But yes it took a long time to notice your message, and people don't seem to be talking here much any more.

The latest version of the game is I believe the best!

So, tell your friends, and help us find more players ;)

Re: Why are spellcraft dying?

Bluspell
Dear Mike,
I agree, the latest version of the game is the best!
The background matching works, but perhaps the players don't know jet.

Last night I find two players for pvp macht. So Spellcraft isn't dead!
But, it seems dead. Every time a connect I always see the same things.
It is important that the game looks alive.
So a want to give some possible suggestions.

Every day I connect and I want to see some news.

1) (again) the blog in the multiplayer page.
2) a simple mail system between players.
3) a reward for the first win of the day.
4) a special card offer in the store. For example, every day a random rare card for 30 gold.
5) an auction to sell and buy card.

I don't khow esactly, but
I suppose that some changes will take some days of work
and other will take months of work.
But I hope that a couple of such changes
will be sufficient to stir up the game.

Bluspell

Re: Why are spellcraft dying?

Thanks Bluspell, great ideas there!

We will see what we can do!

Re: Why are spellcraft dying?

We think it’s a great game, but there are hardly any paying players and so it is difficult for us to remain motivated to make more updates.

It’s an enormous amount of work and we lose money every time we make updates it costs us more than we gain, so we’re actually paying to work hard for a game that at the moment not many people think is worth playing or paying for. We have so far spent many thousands of dollars and hours on the game.

I wish I could tell you that we will definitely be doing some updates, but at the moment I can’t say that for sure!

Re: Why are spellcraft dying?

Mr.Rouge
I’m very sorry to hear that... I hope there’s something we can do to change your mind! I can help buying something like blisters or deck pages, and maybe we all (survived) players can do it... other ways? Have you other projects we can participate with? Please don’t let this great game die...
Thanks Goblins!

Re: Why are spellcraft dying?

Quintivarium
Let me echo the sentiments of Mr. Rouge.  Spellcraft is a wonderful game and the Goblins are the best development team I can imagine.  It confounds me that the game has not caught on better than it has.  I do understand your frustration and will support you however you choose to move forward.

But please know the game has touched many lives.  Yes, it is just a game.  But it has brought me many hours of pleasure — both playing and analyzing.  And I know others it distracted through dark days of their lives.

Regardless of what the future holds, I want to say thank you.  And I’m sure I’m not alone.

Re: Why are spellcraft dying?

Thanks guys for the very kind words, really appreciated!