You in a Deck

Quintivarium
Every player has unique preferences and styles that are somewhat reflected in the decks they create, so I find it interesting to ask, "If you had to define yourself through a Spellcraft deck, what would that deck be?"  Why?

The are a couple of people that I have played often enough to recognized a distinctive flare: if I play Valentino, I expect to face aggressive, powerful, and carefully coordinated forces; if I face Orange, I expect an eclectic mix of often weaker or overlooked cards creatively crafted into surprising (and usually)overwhelming decks.

But, I don't feel like I have much sense of most players I encounter.  I'm hoping to get to know some of my favorite opponents a little better through a column that might generate more interest than a simple biography thread.

Re: You in a Deck

Quintivarium
I'll try to get this started by posting my "Quintessentially Quintivarium" deck.

underearth/jungle
4 deepspawn
2 phantasma
2 primal ooze
2 dark fey
4 deeper darkness
4 spore farm
4 ominous eggs
4 narrow tunnels
4 giant constrictor
4 razorweed
2 strangle vines
4 backfire

You will notice that it is a very plodding, defensive type of deck, quick to respond to threats, but slow to develop any.  It emphasizes growth rather than destruction, is forgiving of careless play, but requires patience.  It tends to spotlight a lot of unglamorous cards.  And everything has a lasting presence -- there are no "one-shot" spells.  All a good reflection of my play style -- and probably, my personality.

Re: You in a Deck

Valentino
The valentino deck:
SEEK and DESTROY

4x underdark worm
4x darkling assassins
4x deepspawn
4x dreamfeeder
2x darkling slayers
4x cave in
2x borrowing under
3x sea dragon
4x giant volta
4x triton aquamancer
2x tideshift
3x lost at sea

This is the deck which describes my personality as player at its best.

Re: You in a Deck

Art
Good deck examples! Those decks really represent both of your playing style.  I have yet to find one that represents myself.  Maybe I should work on this.

Re: You in a Deck

Love it, I can see a "Spellcraft Personology" emerging from this, and you're right there is definitely a reflection of play personality there :)

Maybe a Tarot of Spellcraft should be considered too :)