a small puzzle

Quintivarium
I just played the AI and emerged on my fifth turn with three 4 strength, 2 health molten golems and 2 ravagers in play at the same time.  I also had 5 cards in my hand.  How is this possible?

Re: a small puzzle

Valentino
The trick lies in the timeframe within your statements

I interpreted "emerged on your fifth turn" as after your fifth turn and "I had 5 cards in hand" as at the beginning of your fifth turn.

Let's have a deeper look at the solution:

I play second (5 pp available and 6 cards in hand)

First turn: I play 3x Firebirds + draw extra card

Cards in Hand: 5
Second Turn: Ravager + Captured Flame
Already in Game: 3x firebirds

Cards in Hand: 4
Third Turn: Molten Golem (4/2) + draw extra card + firebird (used the captured flame)
Already in Game: Ravager + 2x firebirds

Cards in Hand: 5
Forth Turn: Ravager
Already in Game: Ravager + 2x firebird + 1 Molten Golem (3/3)

Cards in Hand: 5
Fifth Turn: 1x Molten Golem (4/2) + Captured Flame + use Captured flame to cast 1x Molten Golem (4/2)
Already in Game: Molten Golem (2/4) + 2x Ravagers

End of turn - opponent casts Aquallid Mages on your (2/4) Molten Golem and turns it into a (4/2) Molten Golem

Result: after your fifth turn, which began with 5 cards in your hand, you have 3x(4/2) Molten Golems and 2xRavagers

Re: a small puzzle

Quintivarium
Clever solution,although you may have miscounted cards in hand at start of turn 4.  What actually happened was much simpler.  Opponent played primal ooze.  I played ravager opposite.  Primal ooze ran to a new lane (after negating ravager kill friendly minion "special".  I played molten golem opposite ooze, etc.  I eventually wound up with 5 excellent units.  I don't remember how AI avoided losing the game in this time -- it may have involved some trees of live or vitality power cards, but the AI didn't last long.

Lesson: be careful of playing primal ooze on open lanes if you opponent might have the following: molten golem, magma sphere, dragon fish, ravager, dream feeder.  The balancing disadvantage of these creatures gets negated by the ooze special.

Re: a small puzzle

Valentino
@Goblins: I insist to have the "Donate" card. It would be wonderful to have such combo ;)

Re: a small puzzle

Valentino
Even Trading minions on the same path would not be bad at all