async multiplayer

APJ

async multiplayer

APJ
Hi,
New to the game, been playing it a few weeks now and liking it, but I find I don't the time to play simultaneous multiplayer games.  Is there any plan to make the game support async multiplayer and notifications ala Ascension, Waterdeep, SolForge (sans notifications apparently), etc.?  I think you could vastly increase your userbase with async multiplayer as this game is much more balanced than SolForge.

Re: async multiplayer

markturnergoblin
It may be a possible idea for the future but at the moment we dont have our own server, we just use Gamecentre for two player games.
APJ

Re: async multiplayer

APJ
perhaps I am ignorant of iOS multiplayer game development but do you in fact need your own server and IDAM for async gaming?  I know that Playdek uses its own IDAM but I also play a lot of Trivial card games and they seem to only use Game Center for at least IDAM and possibly exchange of game state.  anyhow I say this because we seem to be in boom times for CCGs and you guys have a nice game here and I would really like to see it grow its audience and exposure.
APJ

Re: async multiplayer

APJ
Btw separate but related, I can't seem to post to this forum from inside the game by clicking on the settings -> forum icon, I get constant validation errors even when I clearly enter the correct code repeatedly.  I had to bust out to Safari iOS to post this reply.

Re: async multiplayer

SteveGoblin
I think if we had our own server would could have much more control over such things. But yes it is apparently possible within GC. There has just been no demand for it, until now.  I suppose, personally, I feel SC is normally a shortish game, not like a long chess match or something, so wouldn't benefit as much from async? But certainly if enough people think it's a good idea then it is something we must consider.