entering play?

BiggBallze
I had a Mantid on the board.  A Lightning Golem entered via an Ominous Egg and killed my Mantid. Why did only my Mantid die?  Shouldn't they both be eliminated?  What's the order of who actually gets to inflict ability/passive damage first?

Re: entering play?

SteveGoblin
Hmm. Will investigate. It might be that the thing hatching out the egg was 'already' there (in egg form), so the system figured it didn't technically move there; which is confusing and shouldn't be the case.

Thanks for telling us.

Re: entering play?

Quintivarium
I beleive the issue is deeper than this.  I have played ambush followed by undead tritons opposite a mantid with the following effect: the undead triton stole one strength from the mantid.  The ambush trap fired, destroying the mantid.  The mantid special never triggered -- my triton remained alive.  I beleive anytime a mantid is destroyed by the play of a unit, its special may fail to trigger.

Re: entering play?

SteveGoblin
OK thanks, will relay this to Mike. Sounds like its special is getting lost in the chain of events, which is no good.

Re: entering play?

Btw I believe this case was addressed in v3.02, so you should be able to have a bit more Mantid fun now ;)

Re: entering play?

Quintivarium
Thanks, it obviously doesn't arise frequently!